As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT Crossfader (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT Crossfader
Goomba
OT Crossfader 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hello,

I need to replace the crossfader on my OT. Looks simple enough but can someone out there recommend a suitable replacement part?

It would cost me £60 to post it to Sweden so hardly worth it.

Cheers
  The topic has been locked.
Re:OT Crossfader 10 Years, 8 Months ago
CliffordMilk wrote:
Hello,

I need to replace the crossfader on my OT. Looks simple enough but can someone out there recommend a suitable replacement part?

It would cost me £60 to post it to Sweden so hardly worth it.

Cheers

I'm in the process of sending mine back to Elektron to have the crossfader fixed. I managed to get a price (insured) from Interparcel for just over £40.

http://www.interparcel.com

It's a broker for several couriers so you can obtain a quote for several services and pick the one that suits you best.

Used them loads with (touch wood) no issues. Great service. You need a printer though (to print the shipping labels etc.)
Goomba
Thanks. Looks like I'll have to post it off. Annoying as the fader is very field replaceable if you know what the exact part is.
I definitely would be interested in finding out the part too. I'm more than capable of replacing my own and the warranty on my OT will be running out soon. Would be nice to have a backup plan

Is it likely to be a proprietary part?
Goomba
Game & Watch
IIRC the OT has a red part on the "sled" and also a screw for adjusting friction, the fader stem looks longer on the OT one too, have a look on infinium's website (which I can't find for some reason)
Game & Watch
I wonder what fails on these, electronics or mechanical/obstruction?
darenager wrote:
IIRC the OT has a red part on the "sled" and also a screw for adjusting friction, the fader stem looks longer on the OT one too, have a look on infinium's website (which I can't find for some reason)

The one I linked to has an adjuster but the picture is from the back I think.

I couldn't find Infinium's website either!
Mackie D2 uses it too:

Not sure what fails.

Both times I had problems it was the same thing: moving the crossfader completely to the left made the output value (and graphic) jump back to the centre.

Could be physical I suppose. It's optical technology so maybe the lens assembly (the bit you move) ends up being allowed to travel slightly further than it should and therefore goes out of range.

Who knows?

(That's a rhetorical question)
Go to top Post Reply