As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT Crossfader problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT Crossfader problem
Goomba
Re:OT Crossfader problem 12 Years, 2 Months ago
Sadly the problem came back after a few hours after I blew some compressed air in the slot

I'm taking it back.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
Hekojin wrote:
I used compressed air in the crossfader slot and... IT WORKS AGAIN HAS IT SHOULD !!!

Don't have to send it back to retailer !

Cool.

Thanx all for your suggestions and help.

How did you do that?
I tried it and did not work for me. :-/ I can't believe I have to send the OT back to sweden again after only one year of use -_-
Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
Hekojin wrote:
Sadly the problem came back after a few hours after I blew some compressed air in the slot

I'm taking it back.

Oh :-/ I'm very sorry to hear that.
Chain Chomp
I also don't smoke and have a clean environment. Maybe this is why they are selling 55€ plastic covers made in china? lol

EDIT: I'm sorry for grumbling but I'm getting really nervous with all this. My octatrack experience has been a real disappointment. I can't believe I have to send it again to sweden for the 2nd time, and just before my gig.
Im sorry to hear you guys are having problems. I hope you all ge it sorted soon,
I have a question that is a bit off topic but still on the topic of crossfaders,
How well does you crossfader glide? I have two OTs and the action of the crossfader is dramatically different.
The one im concerned about seems to glide too well, the slightest push send its flying across the scene, If i tip the OT on its side the fader slides right over in the direction of the tilt.
My other OT is much stiffer and does none of these things... Is this a bad crossfader?
^^naaa, I think they will both fine.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe

Untitled by Hz-C, on Flickr
This is an Infinium crossfader.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.
The screw type thing on the fore is a magnet, screw it clockwise (in) and the friction (magnetic) is greater anticlockwise and it gets less so until it can freely go side to side when tipped.
The red structure that clamps the bars is some kind of self lubricating material.

Untitled by Hz-C, on Flickr

in the middle you can see a barcody type print, this is the optical reading reference, for the optical pickups inside the spacey silver domes.

If someone has tried to "make things better" with contact cleaner or get the fader sliding with lube, it'll just screw the readings up - compresssed air probably wont shift lubricant after that point, and the only remedy is to take things apart and clean with lint free cloth and shoot the owner of the lube spray. Warranties may be affected, but it worked for me,
^Thanks for the tip about the tension screw! I was just inside mine last week and didnt notice it, Great to know .
Goomba
My OT has been picked up today and is on its way to the retailer. Wait and see now.

My crossfader used to glide really well too... before it went crazy !

Fuck I've used (and certainly not abused) my OT for 1 month ONLY !!! 1 MONTH and not everyday !!!

Chain Chomp
Hekojin wrote:
My OT has been picked up today and is on its way to the retailer. Wait and see now.

My crossfader used to glide really well too... before it went crazy !

Fuck I've used (and certainly not abused) my OT for 1 month ONLY !!! 1 MONTH and not everyday !!!

I'm very sorry, I know how it feels like
I sent mine for repair after the first hours of careful use, imagine how I felt like.
And now one year later I'm sending it again.
Go to top Post Reply