As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Video: MD SuperSlow LFO (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Video: MD SuperSlow LFO
Hero of Winds
Re:Video: MD SuperSlow LFO 13 Years, 7 Months ago
This is an awesome technique, just tried it out on a new kit and I'm having LOADS of fun with it. Ever evolving patterns = YAY!

Here's a small demo I recorded, just two patterns using the same four EFM machines, some parameter locking used on both patterns. I tweak the master FX at times and also the track mutes of the four EFM machines - both should be fairly obvious.
  The topic has been locked.
Nice one Veets you are pushing hard these boxes!
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
This is great! A long-time technique on ambient synth sounds - fits great on the MD!
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Nice one, Dr. Veets PhD MD!
Game & Watch
poonti wrote:
Nice one, Dr. Veets PhD MD!

ROFL! Haha - that would be an awesome degree! Although for the Machinedrum, the Ph in PhD would have to stand for Phatt or something

Great demo Futureimage! I love the snare! If you don't mind me asking, what is that "bass-ish" sound at 1:27-1:29 - pitch bend on EFM BD? That's a great bass sound - drool.
Admin
A stroke of genius, no less. Thanks for sharing Veets!

Hero of Winds
Veets wrote:
Great demo Futureimage! I love the snare! If you don't mind me asking, what is that "bass-ish" sound at 1:27-1:29 - pitch bend on EFM BD? That's a great bass sound - drool.
Cheers! Yes, that sound at 1:27 must be the EFM BD.
Excellent technique!

And great demos guys, thanks!
Did you do the voice of Ken kaniff Veets
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
yeah, this is good shizzle right here.... I wouldn't have thought of the opposing waveforms with near 50% mix to pull this off...very smart application of modular/subtractive synthesis techniques. I've modified one LFO rate with another LFO a lot, but never like this!

JUST in time for a few big shows coming up next month, too! The single best way to get more movement out of one human is to leverage the power of the LFO...and this right here...THIS....is a GEM!!!!! (especially for techno/acid sets like a lot of us do)

Thanks... once again, EU Forums FTW!
Go to top Post Reply