As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Para Locks Feature & Other Q (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Para Locks Feature & Other Q
Goomba
Para Locks Feature & Other Q 18 Years, 1 Month ago
I am really digging the parameter lock feature on the MD. Sometimes I also Like to use the mpc 4000 to do the sequencing so that I focus mostly on one machine during my live set...

Question is, do parameter locks work if zou sequence the note triggers from another sequencer? Just curious... Tried but it didn't work but maybe I'm just doing something wrong...

I think this would be a dope feature....

One more thing... Does anyone else find that the trigger patterns with note on is a bit screwed... Every time I sequence that way, seems the note on gives me a sudden spike in the output... I mean it shouldn't be triggering a note right? just telling the sequence to play.... Anyone else experience this?

peace

Andy
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re: Para Locks Feature & Other Q 18 Years, 1 Month ago
no one????

is everyone asleep???
Chain Chomp
parameter locks are limited to the MD and/or MNM's internal sequencer. You loose this functionality if to you try to sequence the device externally (i.e. from an MPC).

because of this, I sequence my Elektron gear internally, and do not trigger sequences from external gear. Therefore, I do not have any experience on the second matter you brought up.

Hope this helps.

cchocjr
Cappy
Do the parameter locks work, if you use the elektron to sequence say a nord lead? Could you use parameter locks on the 6 outgoing midi channels?
Chain Chomp

syrusate wrote:
Do the parameter locks work, if you use the elektron to sequence say a nord lead? Could you use parameter locks on the 6 outgoing midi channels?

Yes. On the Monomachine, to the best of my knowledge, you have a limited ammount of CC values that you can lock (i.e. velocity, portamento, etc.). On the MD, however, you have a lot more freedom of what CC parameters you would like to tweak.
Goomba
Ok that's good to know because I am starting to prepare my live and its good to know how I will use each peice of gear individually... My preference would be to use one interface like the mpc but I think I will just use the mpc to do Next sequence changes and tweak the MD like crazy....

Thanks everyone.

Game & Watch

cchocjr wrote:

syrusate wrote:

Yes. On the Monomachine, to the best of my knowledge, you have a limited ammount of CC values that you can lock (i.e. velocity, portamento, etc.). On the MD, however, you have a lot more freedom of what CC parameters you would like to tweak.

You can change CC's in the global settings so any midi command is lockable.

Using Mnm to sequence NL2x 8-)
Yoshi
yep, param locks are great for sequencing midi gear too!
Go to top Post Reply