As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Aux outs on MnM (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Aux outs on MnM
Aux outs on MnM 13 Years, 9 Months ago
I use 2 tracks on the MnM to go into my modular, which there get gated and sequenced to go back into a 3rd track in the MnM again.
I just, for instance, trigger all steps with a sound which has a long Hold-stage.
This then goes out, for instance, the C/D-outputs. But this is mainly just 1 sound.

Now i was wondering if its possible to get 2 different sounds from 1 track? So 1 from C and one from D.
I know offcourse that you can put as many different stuff on 1 track; but the problem is i need it to be a continuous sound.

At first i thought it could be done with rapid panning and a long holdstage.
So a square on all even steps and a sine on all odds. But the panning wins from the hold.
hehe.

Well, a solution would be to clock my modular on half the clock of the MnM, but that way i could never have long envelopes on the modularsequences.

dang..

help? or cantbedoneanyway...
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:Aux outs on MnM 13 Years, 9 Months ago
Been thinking about this... not tried but my guess would be putting the MNM into double clock speed and maximum tempo (500BPM in song mode I think) and trying 2 square wave LFOs on both panning and waveshape. Most likely not practical but worth a try...
Re:Aux outs on MnM 13 Years, 9 Months ago
i tried that on 300 bpm before posting last night (didnt know songmode went higher)
but theres a lot of digital crap (noise into your sines etc) getting noticeable at those speeds, which makes the different waveshapes not that different, allso because its very short repeated bits of it.i allso tried to add a 3rd square lfo on filterparameters to give them more difference, but its still very close to eachother.

i allso still want to use the other tracks and 300/500 bpm makes it a bit unworkable.

its actually the same at 80 bpm, its just a matter of putting the lfos at 32x and speed on max to modulate the wave and panning.

but ohwell, i was hoping to get this mono to do some pseudostereo. guess its not possible.
Go to top Post Reply