As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear buchlastyle case for mnm and md. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: buchlastyle case for mnm and md.
Re:buchlastyle case for mnm and md. 13 Years, 8 Months ago
husc.sound wrote:

(offtopic) Can I ask how you labeled your md? I am experimenting with organizing the 16 tracks myself for live use and it might help to look how other people do it! Thanks.

It's labeled like so:

LOW (kicks, basses. ch 1-3)
MID PERC (mid range percussion. ch 4 + 5)
MnM FX (outputs 3+4 sent to MnM inputs for FX processing. ch 6+7)
HIGH (hi-hats and hi-freq stuff. ch 8,9,10,11)
TAP (sample to trigger via the key. no trigs in pattern, just for manual live tapping. ch12)
CT-8 (control 8 machine. ch 13)
CT-AL (control all machine. ch 14)
R1 (Ram record. ch 15)
P1 (Ram play. ch 16)

label yours how you like, then you will conform with those labels with all your patterns, and all your parts are easy to find. Highly recommended!
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
grain wrote:
husc.sound wrote:

(offtopic) Can I ask how you labeled your md? I am experimenting with organizing the 16 tracks myself for live use and it might help to look how other people do it! Thanks.

It's labeled like so:

LOW (kicks, basses. ch 1-3)
MID PERC (mid range percussion. ch 4 + 5)
MnM FX (outputs 3+4 sent to MnM inputs for FX processing. ch 6+7)
HIGH (hi-hats and hi-freq stuff. ch 8,9,10,11)
TAP (sample to trigger via the key. no trigs in pattern, just for manual live tapping. ch12)
CT-8 (control 8 machine. ch 13)
CT-AL (control all machine. ch 14)
R1 (Ram record. ch 15)
P1 (Ram play. ch 16)

label yours how you like, then you will conform with those labels with all your patterns, and all your parts are easy to find. Highly recommended!

We are driving OT here, but I cannot resist!!! Grain are you using R1 and P1 do to DJ style transitions ala Wesen?
Chain Chomp
grain wrote:

It's labeled like so:
Highly recommended!

I was already organizing a workflow with the CTRL group, RAM, low and highs on the same tracks and it works so far!

Now i have to find a working lay-out and stick to it, great tip, thanks again!
Made it !
@ Indigo Fire cheers for the tips, helped me a lot. Still need to adjust the angle as it touches the cables. Might make some kind of a blocking for the hindges so they don't slide in the bag while transporting.
It's great so far, enjoying playing the machines even more.
King Koopa
made one a while ago from that ikea rack that someone mentioned. It's great for loading different rack synths, and I can take it apart pretty fast and it's easy for packing up after shows.

King Koopa
quick and dirty, but now I'm thinking of altering my design a bit with some hinges. It'd be nice to fold it up and bag it.
Chain Chomp
@ Koshimazaki: Wicked! Glad you did it and posted a pic, looks good.

If you ever find that the bits that come up (that separate the machines when closed) obtrusive, they can be lowered to nearly half the encoder height - makes it slimmer when closed too.

Nice!
Yeah realised that, I have them in the size of encoders not a problem so far. Fits to my bag while the laptop is in. I made the angle on the lower ones too steep and Mono on the top touches the cables, need to attach rubber legs or will just glue up 2mm piece of wood on the top and that should do. Thanks again, I'm really happy that I did it. Don't remember doing anything out of wood before Its cool and it works!
jon mr wrote:
made one a while ago from that ikea rack that someone mentioned. It's great for loading different rack synths, and I can take it apart pretty fast and it's easy for packing up after shows.

looks great just wondering which ikea rack this is looks great btw
King Koopa
drox wrote:

looks great just wondering which ikea rack this is looks great btw

Thanks. The ikea rack is the RAST bedside table referenced in thread HERE.

I bought two, chopped the one for the gear shown, and then used the second for all my compressors, finalizer, etc right behind it. Really works well and the wood looks great instead of having a bunch of metal racks.
Go to top Post Reply