As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox songmode-offset/length and trackmutes (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: songmode-offset/length and trackmutes
Re:songmode-offset/length and trackmutes 13 Years, 10 Months ago
tIB wrote:

Using the mono arps heavily there: Its mono sequencing tuned sounds and gating one snare (I think) and MD doing beats. Definitely elektrons and euro running together... getting a few voices out of the euro but all one un-edited stereo take.

what do mean with "gating" a snare?

tIB wrote:

Quite the opposite, looking forward to hearing some of this stuff too... had a trawl through your myspace a while ago as I was intrigued by your setup... youre the tape guy right? liked what I heard and interested in the process.

yup, i mainly use these 2 fourtracks which i hacked to be able to play the tracks as a keyboard.
gating, actually. some parts i temporarily loop, its all live. the euro i bought, trying to automate this process. A119's/A152's/TS, etc. but kinda gave up on this. frikkin moneysucking hobby euro is.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
stufflinear wrote:

what do mean with "gating" a snare?

Im probably using the wrong terminology there... just mean using an EFX machine to act as VCA on an A118 using the MNM's ADHR envelope.

stufflinear wrote:

yup, i mainly use these 2 fourtracks which i hacked to be able to play the tracks as a keyboard.
gating, actually. some parts i temporarily loop, its all live. the euro i bought, trying to automate this process. A119's/A152's/TS, etc. but kinda gave up on this. frikkin moneysucking hobby euro is.

Id love to see some of this in action, you got any videos up online anywhere? If you were anywhere near me Id be coming over to see you rock that setup!

As for euro I agree its a money pit... Im nearing the end of my spending on it now but its been a hefty investment. The last piece of the jigsaw is a spendy one too... not sure Ill ever get there. I could certainly never abandon my elektrons to go all modular, that approach doesnt really appeal so much...to much modulation, not enough music
aah, why would you use a 118 instead of like the sid-noise?
fatter noise?
Admin
tIB was here
^ I wanted reverb so using that into the mono was one less machine.

EDIT: thin vs phat noise sounds like a gearslutz post!

(now i keep on asking) so you used an fx channel and gated the noise with the same one?
o wait, now i type it i get it. you just reverberised the noise.
Admin
tIB was here
^ pretty much... I reverbed, filtered, SRR'd, EQ'd and enveloped it. I usually use the A117 in this way on the MNM as I like that you can manually tweak the pitch(/speed?) of the noise. I like the hihat sound too when filterd by the MNM.

Note: I got the wrong doepfer noise module...I have the 117 digital noise/random clock.
Go to top Post Reply