As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox songmode-offset/length and trackmutes (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: songmode-offset/length and trackmutes
songmode-offset/length and trackmutes 13 Years, 10 Months ago
i own my mm for a week now and its sweeet.
i like weird rhythms and syncopations and got a bit scared that it would be impossible to get this thing to go outside the standard 4/4.
but now i found the glorious "song-mode" in which you can loop small sections of tracks.
this is nice!! i tend to use the transportbuttons to go back and forth between several small looped sections which only differ like 1 step in offset and length (38/9>37/7>etc).
awesome!
only shitty thing is that i cant stay in Trackmute-mode for this.
i have to exit mute-mode everytime to transport in songmode. not so nice!
does anyone know a workaround, or is this just what i have to practice. :/

edit..well, i'll just do it with the normal double gesture..
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:songmode-offset/length and trackmutes 13 Years, 10 Months ago
randomly program your mutes

good find in your first week my friend, enjoy

EDIT: info here on songmode fun:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=9&id=92904
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&catid=10&id=59935

to randomly program your mutes I should add randomly fix your tempo, randomly select steps and then refine the whole mess down into something more rhythmyc
Aah, thats what you meant in that other thread with "random clock"
well, it comes down offcourse onto how much you want to program and how much you want to play. I'll try it out. And since im just scratching the surface of this thing i guess after every programming theres another aspect to play with.
Now i want an MD! Just to have it playing along in totally different bpms.
Admin
tIB was here
^ I have done this!
i thought so. hehe
plus the euro or not?
sold a lot of my euro to afford this mnm
thinking to build it back up to a small sequencing
rig now to have double timesigs at the same time
but maybe its smarter to invest in a md.
i already feel much more productive since this week. olee!
Admin
tIB was here
I've not had them both glitching out with the euro thinking about it.... all gets very messy very quickly with just the two.

The mono is doing most of my euro sequencing along with a pro 2000ii, total win: p-locks, different speeds and track lengths with the arp, random note generation in a set scale, song mode glitchery... fantastic combo. I have a little bit of sequencing in the euro (seq02) for when I want to start modulating the clock speed and so on.

The MD is also great of course, if you do/can the uw is right up your street. Think of it as a better sounding tyme sefari with more precise controlling. still not gotten around to building up a new sample set from the modular but will do...
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
yeah no way around this.

a bit more planning at first is the only way, which stuffs up the 'jamming' element
tIB wrote:
I've not had them both glitching out with the euro thinking about it.... all gets very messy very quickly with just the two.

The mono is doing most of my euro sequencing along with a pro 2000ii, total win: p-locks, different speeds and track lengths with the arp, random note generation in a set scale, song mode glitchery... fantastic combo. I have a little bit of sequencing in the euro (seq02) for when I want to start modulating the clock speed and so on.

The MD is also great of course, if you do/can the uw is right up your street. Think of it as a better sounding tyme sefari with more precise controlling. still not gotten around to building up a new sample set from the modular but will do...

found this song Maidee on your soundcloud, its fabulous. quite the stuff i like.
thats just mono and euro? i thought you had the euro running quite seperately in that one.

Maybe its smarter to wait for the octatrack instead of the MD. Allso to get some acoustic sounds in there etc. Would really broaden the pallette. (plus the seq will be "enhanced", hehe)
I owned a TS yes, but didnt like the soundquality.
just found out that its even more fun when the ab-bus is routed through a through- or dynamix-fx on the 6th track which then with the right amount of Hold on the steps can be used as an extra full gate for the other 5 tracks.
makes it allso possible to create loops with a changeable delay.
loopA version 1 is step 6 till 14 (by offset/length=5/9)
loopA version 2 is step 6 till 16 (5/11)
by muting steps 15 and 16 version 2 will be the same as 1 but with 2 steps in between.
this together with the bpm-settings per songline makes it quite warpy.
hope i'm not bothering anyone with every new thing i discover on this fine machine.
Admin
tIB was here
stufflinear wrote:

found this song Maidee on your soundcloud, its fabulous. quite the stuff i like.
thats just mono and euro? i thought you had the euro running quite seperately in that one.

Why ta very much! Dont remember the exacts but I think the only thing sequenced on euro on that was the droney synth part in the opening loop... using the seq02 for the rest of it would have been way to much work, PITA compared to the mono.

Using the mono arps heavily there: Its mono sequencing tuned sounds and gating one snare (I think) and MD doing beats. Definitely elektrons and euro running together... getting a few voices out of the euro but all one un-edited stereo take.

stufflinear wrote:

Maybe its smarter to wait for the octatrack instead of the MD. Allso to get some acoustic sounds in there etc. Would really broaden the pallette. (plus the seq will be "enhanced", hehe)
I owned a TS yes, but didnt like the soundquality.

Not a bad idea, the UW is 12 bit so much cleaner than the TS though still noticeably lo-fi... Ive no doubt youd enjoy the UW but checking on the octatrack is a good idea.

stufflinear wrote:

hope i'm not bothering anyone with every new thing i discover on this fine machine.

Quite the opposite, looking forward to hearing some of this stuff too... had a trawl through your myspace a while ago as I was intrigued by your setup... youre the tape guy right? liked what I heard and interested in the process.
Go to top Post Reply