As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge obligatory Messe '06 thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: obligatory Messe '06 thread
Yoshi
Re: obligatory Messe 06 thread 18 Years, 1 Month ago

papertiger wrote:
in all seriousness though, i wonder if the "source" that "saw" it backstage knows if it was a prototype or not? and if they did have a prototype, why not show it off? didn't they show off the remote sl about 5 months before it came out? summer namm?

well, the guy happens to be a www.gearjunkies.com reporter
  The topic has been locked.
taf
Goomba
Hi, just talk with dmc. Availability in a couple of months.
About the lack of info in the net the say that it has the same specs as
Remote 25 SL, but with no keys and that it has been presented at Music Messe.
Maybe it was an advance to a reduced group of dealers. Last sentence is a guess of mine.

About the photoshoping of the front, I thought the same, but if you look
at the remote 25 sl picture from the same site, it has similar artifacts in
the black surface.

Anyway, the product make sense, they have already the development for
the model with keys. Price makes also sense. And name seems well though.
And even you can order yours. AFAIK dmc is a professional place, I don't
think they will offer an inexistent product for purchase.

Now if this sampler from elektron were true...

In the meanwhile I'm planing for a V-Synth XT driven from the MM.
Anyone has tried that combination?
Admin
omg!

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=1279

weeeee. . . !!

divi, i will never doubt again. i take the oath of fealty.

taf, gracias por hablar con los vatos de DMC. que? no tienen vatos y "esses" en espana?? :-P

-M
Game & Watch
I had the keyboard version of this and returned it. Those 8 pads really sucked. I could not control the velocity of them too well. One would be at full velocity no matter what settings I adjusted...another pad could never go to full velocity even if I pounded it. beware.
Goomba

jsrockit wrote:
I had the keyboard version of this and returned it. Those 8 pads really sucked. I could not control the velocity of them too well. One would be at full velocity no matter what settings I adjusted...another pad could never go to full velocity even if I pounded it. beware.

Did you actually learn how to use the unit or just return it when it didn't work the way you thought it should upon unpacking it? The pad issue (which isn't an issue but settings)and velocity setting is covered in the both the manual, online tutorial, and over at ableton's forums.

Given all the glowing reviews and depth of this unit i can't imagine that you could give a valid thorough opinion in such a short amount of time.

I'm not saying you can't return it, or may have gotten a buggy one, or whatever...do what you want to do but saying "beware", come on!

'finger
Game & Watch

swfinger wrote:

jsrockit wrote:

Did you actually learn how to use the unit or just return it when it didn't work the way you thought it should upon unpacking it? The pad issue (which isn't an issue but settings)and velocity setting is covered in the both the manual, online tutorial, and over at ableton's forums.

Given all the glowing reviews and depth of this unit i can't imagine that you could give a valid thorough opinion in such a short amount of time.

I'm not saying you can't return it, or may have gotten a buggy one, or whatever...do what you want to do but saying "beware", come on!

'finger

Yes, It isn't too hard to figure out how to set the velocity for a fucking pad. Perhaps mine was faulty...but I did read the manual and like I said... One would be at full velocity no matter what settings I adjusted...another pad could never go to full velocity even if I pounded it...no matter what adjustments I made. All I know is that I spent $400 and it didn't work properly... I figured I'd let papertiger know this. She wouldn't not buy the unit based on what I said anyway.
Goomba

jsrockit wrote:
..for a fucking pad...

well see thats the issue! i wasn't aware the SL had a 'fucking pad'. those crazy forward thinking Novation enginers! i can see how some folks would be into that and some turned off.

to each their own.

'finger
Admin
She wouldn't not buy the unit based on what I said anyway.

you're right. i only listen to the voices inside my head.

i'm sorry that i made the resolution re: no gear so recently. sad. . . although, my birthday IS around the corner. . .

muahahaha. . .
Game & Watch

swfinger wrote:

jsrockit wrote:
..for a fucking pad...

well see thats the issue! i wasn't aware the SL had a 'fucking pad'. those crazy forward thinking Novation enginers! i can see how some folks would be into that and some turned off.

to each their own.

'finger

lame joke #1032
Yoshi

swfinger wrote:

'finger

well it is true that a whole pack of remote 25 sl's had to be returned to fix their pads. so yes, beware!
Go to top Post Reply