As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:One Machine Only Challenge (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:One Machine Only Challenge
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
Re:One Machine Only Challenge 14 Years ago
baobabkipouss wrote:
ok thanks...i will chose a machine ...

one more question ... what is a deadline (or what do you mean by that) ???

date limite

je crois
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I'm in.
Cappy
papertiger wrote:
androil wrote:
hey, actually, my 'plan' was to allow basic DAW processing and editing.
eq, compression, delay, reverb. multitracking.
simply cause... i've never used song-mode.
and it wasn't meant to be that kind of excercise really.
but yea, if everyone else thinks that would be better, ill digress

you guys are free to decide among yourselves since we're (read: mods) not looking at this as an "official" science lab -- the "rules" can be whatever you guys agree to!

however, the point of the one machine and md/mm only limits were to really get people to explore what the machines are capable of and to work within constraints. they were meant as challenges and "lessons" in just how flexible and capable the mono- and machine-drums are. i think most people valued their participation in these exercises precisely because of the limitations and what they learned from working around them.

that being said, you guys should totally go for it! we're happy to see user generated activities/etc. -- just wanted to chime in and give you the background about the purposes of the precurors. . .

M

Yes i agree on what the point of it all is... working within constraints, exploring what machines are capable of etc.. but i meant it more in a 'sound' way, not so much in a 'create complete tracks on just the MD'' way. Hence i don't see basic DAW editing and processing to be interfering with that, personally. Actually, the opposite. Also just fits my way of 'exploring' better. Lets me try things out i could not on just the MD. (Of course you could go completely of course with granulators and whatnot, into sounddesign world, leaving the source-md-sounds completely behind, but thats not what i mean...)
I dont like to work too long on just the MD. 2-bar-loop syndrome , not my thing really.
I use it more like an analog synth / modular. I dont even save kits much anymore, except for 'template' style kits. Everything gets recorded directly, and i usually tweak parameters whilest recording, manually... This working method simply works best here.
So i sometimes record just one md-track/sound, but, one that has several lfos routed to it.... then another one with different steplength etc etc...
And what the point here was/is for me is not to change THAT part of the working-process, but to limit the source-sounds / synth-parameters to a minimum...and, as said, getting to know the machines better.
cheers
Admin
understood, androil -- didn't mean to hijack the project. set out the "rules" for people in the thread, and let her rip. you're in charge!

=)

M
Cappy
all cool , papertiger! was just meaning to explain where im coming from . if this thread results in some project' using your rules above, then thats great too. i dont have to part, and i can still post my daw+single-machine-experiments independently in another thread, to get some 'woohoo' or 'booohooos' for it
was just meaning to get some feedback on the whole idea... and actually, i thought that something like it prob already was done around here...and of course it was indeed.
cheers
Admin
nah -- you've definitely got people interested, so carry on!

now let's all crowd around for a nice backslap!

M
Admin
Nice initiative Androil I guess anyone wanting to particiapte will need you to clarify the "rules" or whatever, so we can get started
Rew
Chain Chomp
I'm up for doing a science lab!

lets get these rules sorted so we can start!

Which Machine? EFM-CB? EFM-BD?

DAW arranging or just Song Mode?
Admin
tIB was here
gnd - imp ftw!
Rew
Chain Chomp
tIB wrote: