As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs One Machine Only Challenge (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: One Machine Only Challenge
Cappy
Re:One Machine Only Challenge 14 Years, 1 Month ago
data-line wrote:
DAWs SUCK ( sure it can do much more than elektron boxes )

yea i mean, i sucks so much that these days we can have amazingly powerful studios for very little money running on some cheap pc ...
anyways, it seems to me some people here simply don't get what the goal of it all was meant to be.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Why does every challenge here need to be the same as a previous one ??

For me is the first time i m doing this so it s like a challenge those rules

and i think its good rules...simple ...
King Koopa
Androil, I think you are getting so many challenges is because you don't seem to understand the purpose of these contests, which is as I understand it, to make you concentrate on your Elektron to get the most out of it, using it in ways you would not normally use.
Admin
let's be clear about something -- I pointed out to Androil that what he was proposing would be different from the previous science labs, and he indicated that he wasn't interested in doing a science lab in the strict sense. His project is something a bit different, where the limitations were not as strict as in a science lab.

If you guys want to do a science lab, then start a thread and ask for a new one -- I'll see what I can do about organizing one, although I think you all know what the science labs entail and are self-sufficient enough to get it off the ground. But if you're not interested in Androil's project, please don't try and force it into a science lab kind of thing -- we have those here already. they're called science labs. =)

Participate in the one you find more attractive.

M
Game & Watch
without having read the previous six pages..

"One Machine Only Challenge" is a choice name for a new form of friendly competitive exploratory investigation into the audio sonic delights of one machine on the md.

could even make a related group on soundcloud, so the results are there for all to see/hear .. project completion time .. something easy to remember like May 1st (2010).. perhaps keep entries under three minutes and no more than three submissions for each person?

merely some ideas.
Yoshi
papertiger wrote:
let's be clear about something -- I pointed out to Androil that what he was proposing would be different from the previous science labs, and he indicated that he wasn't interested in doing a science lab in the strict sense. His project is something a bit different, where the limitations were not as strict as in a science lab.

If you guys want to do a science lab, then start a thread and ask for a new one -- I'll see what I can do about organizing one, although I think you all know what the science labs entail and are self-sufficient enough to get it off the ground. But if you're not interested in Androil's project, please don't try and force it into a science lab kind of thing -- we have those here already. they're called science labs. =)

Participate in the one you find more attractive.

M

Wonderfully clarified.
Cappy
oh sigh , how complicated this got thank you papertiger.
and let me repeat, i never intendet to start a 'competition'.
i probably posted this in the wrong forum?
does everything in 'science lab' have to be some kind of competition following some sort of 'elektron ONLY' rule ??
i've not been around here much , so...
anyways, back to music making now
Admin
tIB was here
hey androil, hope that doesn't mean you're giving up on this... there's plenty of interested people so let's get the rules and submission dates nailed down so those who wish to participate can.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
Ive decided to spend the night in with my mnm sticking to the VO machine and realised that almighty kicks are plenty available.

got to crash now my ears are thumping
Cappy
tIB wrote:
hey androil, hope that doesn't mean you're giving up on this... there's plenty of interested people so let's get the rules and submission dates nailed down so those who wish to participate can.

all good, didnt mean to say i give up, im just not very interested in a circular discussion about rules this and that and whatnot... i think i clarified my point / plan / intention ..
im not sure we even need a submission date, but im fine to go with that if people prefer.
how about 2 weeks from now for the first one.
i'd suggest to have at least the first one 'free choice' synth. use whichever machine you like.
Go to top Post Reply