As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs One Machine Only Challenge (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: One Machine Only Challenge
Admin
tIB was here
Re:One Machine Only Challenge 14 Years ago
plus one on amanita... each to their own; it's not as if the 'winner' is going to gain anything and I'm interested in everyoned approach and outcome.

good on you androil also for putting this together...

I also agree dates should be after the machine comp by some way, though think bi monthly user suggested/managed comps would be great... don't like this one, that's fine; put your own forward in a couple of months.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
yep, plus one more, Amanita, i totally agree.
i never thought of this as a 'competition' in the 'who is the best' sense...
therefore different methods / DAWs seem perfectly fine to me, as long as you quickly explain how/what was used... makes it even more interesting, imo..
Admin
tIB was here
for me it will be especially interesting to hear what the DAW types come up with, given my current fear of them... (it's complicated.)
Goomba
Hey Guys

i thougth that the way to use the science lab was only use the Machine Drum or Monomachine....and no more...

choose one Synth .. use the effect of the MD...in mode song or not ...and record it ....

But not using external gear...

because in Science Lab what is fun, is to see what you should do with only on synth...

in fact this is the way i will do it ....after you do as you like ....

and tell us when everybody is ready....
King Koopa
Maybe it just doesnt matter.

Just post here wich machine you have used and how you did it. So we immediatly explore the MD on a bigger scale
Admin
tIB was here
^ and share the sysex... please
Game & Watch
All good, think it is even interesting what the DAW'ers will achieve versus the one-boxers like me. Although I might do some alternative routings - in hardware world that is - for comparison.
Nah, I'm not into it now. One machine only, no plugins or anything.
If you allow heavy DAW usage, it's like saying, "FM-BD...and ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD!"

If you want to "get the most" out of the MD, limiting yourself to just the MD makes sense.

I mean, really, why reinvent the wheel? Follow the previous Science Labs for inspiration. We did some very cool stuff.
Cappy
glitched wrote:
Nah, I'm not into it now. One machine only, no plugins or anything.
If you allow heavy DAW usage, it's like saying, "FM-BD...and ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD!"

no, thats why i suggested eq, comp, reverb and delay only.
but if someone wants to use everything else in the world too, why not...
again, whats the goal of it all ? ....

If you want to "get the most" out of the MD, limiting yourself to just the MD makes sense.

Not for me again, many of my ideas are simply not do-able with just the md.
i record alot of manual parameter changes and knobbing. And use different steplength for different stuff. Different swing amount, and so on ....
Again, i never thought of this as a 'look what just an md can do' thing...

I mean, really, why reinvent the wheel? Follow the previous Science Labs for inspiration. We did some very cool stuff.

Why does every challenge here need to be the same as a previous one ??
ermm , i think using DAW is not a good idea as it can be manipulated SO MUCH!!!!

i would prefer elektron only, hell that's how i have been working in the past 4 years and achieved some wild results, not to mention that i can take my whole set to perform with them...

sorry guys

DAWs SUCK ( sure it can do much more than elektron boxes )
Go to top Post Reply