As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron?
Boo
Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? 14 Years, 2 Months ago
8 Track step sequencer to control hardware + software: MIDI + USB Hybrid kind of thing.
PM Locks..... not audio IO, nor FX.
Bets are open!
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
The "Octashark bites"... maybe it's a referral to a SHARC DSP processor....
Killer Beez
Ok, lets put some bets in:

Why is Octatrack an Octatrack and not an Octamachine? Seems to me that machine-paradigm, which Elektron used on MD and MnM, is updated to something else. I don't thin it's a Daw or anything like that, since Elektron is in the business of making instruments, not controllers or fx-boxes. If you bet your money on mixer, fx-box or controller, you've lost.

It's a sampler, but not as we know it. Just like MnM was a hybrid of synth and beatbox, Octatrack will also be hybrid of sampler and something else. Search the history of sampling and you'll find what it is. I would say, it's a machine that eats audio & samples and transforms them by creating tracks of them and having some sort of linear editor and spits outs ready-made electronic tracks. It does have parameter locks and the usual stuff. And usb too! What about other computer connections...

While we are making bets, what does the winner get?
Admin
Toni wrote:

Why is Octatrack an Octatrack and not an Octamachine? Seems to me that machine-paradigm, which Elektron used on MD and MnM, is updated to something else. I don't thin it's a Daw or anything like that, since Elektron is in the business of making instruments, not controllers or fx-boxes. If you bet your money on mixer, fx-box or controller, you've lost.

It's a sampler, but not as we know it. Just like MnM was a hybrid of synth and beatbox, Octatrack will also be hybrid of sampler and something else. I would say, it's a machine that eats audio & samples and transforms them by creating tracks of them and having some sort of linear editor and spits outs ready-made electronic tracks. It does have parameter locks and the usual stuff. And usb too! Not sure about other computer connections..

Hah, you're just SOOO far from the truth
Killer Beez
Nils wrote:
Toni wrote:

It's a sampler, but not as we know it. Just like MnM was a hybrid of synth and beatbox, Octatrack will also be hybrid of sampler and something else. I would say, it's a machine that eats audio & samples and transforms them by creating tracks of them and having some sort of linear editor and spits outs ready-made electronic tracks. It does have parameter locks and the usual stuff. And usb too! Not sure about other computer connections..

Hah, you're just SOOO far from the truth

- - suspicion mode on - -
Does he know something? Is it a joke or maybe it's something else?
- - suspicion mode off - -

Ah how I love this play of smoke and mirrors - who does know and who to trust? Mobilize your agents and spys, code your messages, transmit false information, divide and conquer!
Admin
Toni wrote:
Ah how I love this play of smoke and mirrors - who does know and who to trust? Mobilize your agents and spys, code your messages, transmit false information, divide and conquer!

Exactly
Admin
tIB was here
He's got one for sure! He's wiggling its 8 input tenticles as we speak... him and darenager have been planning the elektron modular for years... its a digital version of the chimera with 8 theremin inputs... It turns midi data into pictures...

(8 track phrase sampler with EFX, minus sequencing machine as we know it)
Cappy
In the spirit of 2.5mb sampling time:

SCSI Drive only
Chain Chomp
Angstwulf: ZIP drive!!
King Koopa
if there are 8 sharc processors in it that would be some serious dsp horsepower.
Go to top Post Reply