As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron?
Admin
Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? 14 Years, 2 Months ago
Yeah, but 64 gigs of what?
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I'm wondering what the sampler resolution will be...
Kong
mr. applehead
we got druped
Goomba
From Elektron.se before it went down:

"The +Drive expands the memory of Machinedrum and Monomachine. These already capable machines can now be boosted by a factor of 128.
The +Drive divides a machine in 128 Snapshots, which allows for thousands of patterns, sounds and songs to be stored internally and more or less instantly recalled. The +Drive also makes it possible for the Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MKII to host over 6000 ROM samples. The Monomachine SFX-60+ MKII can be loaded with more than 8000 DigiPro user waveforms.

A Machinedrum Snapshot can contain up to 128 patterns, 64 kits, 32 songs and 8 globals. If the Machinedrum is a UW model, each Snapshot also contains a sample bank. A UW MKII sample bank consists of 48 ROM sample slots. A UW MKI sample bank consists of 32 ROM sample slots.

A Monomachine Snapshot can contain up to 128 patterns, 128 kits, 24 songs and 8 globals. In the case of the Monomachine MKII, a Snapshot also contains a Digibank consisting of 64 DigiPro user waveforms.

Either load a completely new Snapshot or a single Machinedrum sample bank/Monomachine Digibank. When loading a new Snapshot, all data will replaced by new content. Loading a new sample bank/Digibank means all other content of the current Snapshot stays intact. Load times for both options are just a few seconds.

The +Drive gives the enormous advantage of having thousands of patterns and kits available. Change Snapshots during a live performance for a completely new session. Load a fresh Machinedrum sample bank or Monomachine Digibank and experiment with new sounds in your currently active patterns and kits. A +Drive opens up a world of new possibilities.

All Machinedrum and Monomachine models are possible to upgrade with a +Drive. When you buy a +Drive, you will receive detailed instructions how to send in the unit for the upgrade. Shipping back to you after the upgrade has been carried out is included in the price.

If you have bought a new Machinedrum UW/Monomachine after Feb 1st, you are eligible for a 30% discount on the +Drive upgrade price. This offer is valid until August 1. Mail us for more info about how to obtain the discount."
Cappy
bah for Q4.
tho, in a way its good. doesn't interfere with my planed MnM purchase then
Admin
tIB was here
very pleased to see the + drive is upgradable... well with it on the MD, not so sure about the MNM at this point... any idea on price of upgrade?
Admin
Trumma wrote:

All Machinedrum and Monomachine models are possible to upgrade with a +Drive.

Elektron, I love you
Finally a solution to the ROM sample mess.
Byebye sysex.
ens
Cappy
I really hope they have something for us SFX-6 and MK-1 UW owners. Any info on the upgrades ? Is it simply new versions, or possible upgrades for older models too?
Boo
[Excuse my so-so english]
Trumma wrote:
From Elektron.se before it went down:
If you have bought a new Machinedrum UW/Monomachine after Feb 1st, you are eligible for a 30% discount on the +Drive upgrade price. This offer is valid until August 1. Mail us for more info about how to obtain the discount."

19 february here
Goomba
6000 samples on a MDUW. Hope theres some way to name/catalogue them...Maybe its going to be just the same as it is, a bank of 40 or so samples per snapshot. Once I stopped using my MD samples to turn it into an 808/909, I found I had more sample spaces than I needed as the internal stuff si so good. Not sure if ill go for the upgrade. Id guess itd be approx 250-300 euro including memory, shipping etc. Spec-u-lation morning
Go to top Post Reply