As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Analog Stereo Filter (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Analog Stereo Filter
Game & Watch
Analog Stereo Filter 18 Years, 3 Months ago
I was interested in the Moog MF-101, but if possible...would love to get a stereo filter. Anyone know of one?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re: Analog Stereo Filter 18 Years, 3 Months ago

jsrockit wrote:
would love to get a stereo filter. Anyone know of one?

The Mutronics Mutator looks pretty interesting. I don't have one, but the MP3 samples are pretty amazing. Make sure to check out Track 5.

Hope that helps!
Yoshi
akai mfc42

electrix filterqueen/factory

but if you wanna get funky with analog filters: get a sherman!
I am thinking of just using the filters in my DSI Evolver for the time being and saving a little cash. I'm not looking for anything extravagent...just want to filter some drum loops a little. I think I need to try my evolvers inputs...I have a feeling they will be perfect for what I need.
Killer Beez
Virus. Mmm Mmm its nice. Not analog though, obviously. But still weirdly has a ton of headroom.

You could always get 2 moogerfoogers and wire up a dual control pot to the CV inputs. I am still amazed that a stereo rack version of some of the moog pedals still does not exist.

the akai filter is ok - kinda big and ugly looking.

I also checked into the electrix filters, but ultamitely decided that they were too noisey and flimsy for the money.

The frostwave boxes are in the same boat - mono.

of course, the MD or Mono itself can operate as a filter using the audio ins - still not analog, but again, there is plenty of headroom.
Game & Watch

milkmansnd wrote:
Virus. Mmm Mmm its nice. Not analog though, obviously. But still weirdly has a ton of headroom.

of course, the MD or Mono itself can operate as a filter using the audio ins - still not analog, but again, there is plenty of headroom.

I was thinking of buying a Virus in the future (have to learn my current equipment a bit more first)...but I'm going to try the inputs of my evolver first. I have a feeling this will be fine for my needs. Plus, I am thinking of buying the rumored "cheap" moog that is supposed to be released in a few weeks (lol). I'll wait for that rumor to pass before I buy an MF-101...in case it does come true and it has inputs.
Hammer Bro
I was gonna recommend the evolver...the inputs are awesome...plus it has an envelope follower in it for autowah or more extreme effects...very cool.
Killer Beez
the "cheap moog" is the Studio electronics SE-1

and it does not sound cheap!
Game & Watch

milkmansnd wrote:
the "cheap moog" is the Studio electronics SE-1

and it does not sound cheap!

No...I want a keyboard in my moog.
Cappy
milkmansnd wrote:

Yeah I've started using my MD inputs just to get my Nord Rack 2 to sound without having to mess with a mixer, and I noticed that the filters are really breathing life into the otherwise pretty weak bass sounds from the Nord. With a little bit of resonance and distortion you can go far.
Go to top Post Reply