As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Monomachine sysex problem (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Monomachine sysex problem
Goomba
Monomachine sysex problem 14 Years, 2 Months ago
Hi
Finally i solve the problem with os updte with the process of previewlounge (thanks!).
Now i have the 1.22 but the situation is the same.. i can't update more sysex in my machine!
The comunication midi is correct, the cables in correct, the c6 config is correct but when i click send the machine say waiting.. and don't upload! that is a big mstery...
I think that only god can help me!
Please help me i'm going in crisis!
  The topic has been locked.
Hero of Winds
OP-1 and Ableton Live (everything else is waiting for studio renovations...which are slow since I'm doing it)
Re:Monomachine sysex problem 14 Years, 2 Months ago
I have 1.22 in my newly arrived MnM, and tonight I will try to update to the latest OS, so I will let you know how it goes.

Edit: oops 1.22 *is* the latest OS!? So are you having problems uploading other things with sysex? Like samples?
Game & Watch
Are you using TM-1?
Goomba
Hi,
now i reset machine after the update with the factory reset and i solve the problem with sysex.. bynow i can update.. thanks!
Goomba
Hope this is the right thread to post, I tried searching and this is all I came up with.

I am completely new to this forum and to the Monomachine which I just bought today. It has OS 1.21 on it so I downloaded the latest 1.22 version as well as the c6 utility, hooked up my midi keyboard, configured it in c6 and got the monomachine ready to receive the MIDI update. When I press send on the c6, it starts to send the loaded update file and the monomachine's trigger lights start to light, but then half way through, the monomachine gives the following error:

Upgrade failed switch power off and try again

Anyone know why this would happen? I've tried different midi cables. My Mac and the MM are obviously communicating through the MIDI keyboard. Is there a setting I'm missing in the c6 utility?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been wanting one of these for the longest time and it's not the best way to start off...
Game & Watch
try setting the 'ticks' parameter value in the C6 software (via Config window) to be 14.

at value 14, transmission time of info is about 6 times longer than if the value is 1, making for greater accuracy of info - and hopefully a cool upgrade.
Goomba
@ previewlounge

Well, I tried that and it took a very long time, but it did the trick! Thank you very much for the speedy response and advice. I now have a happy and healthy 1.22 Monomachine!
Game & Watch
cool, and a value of 5 rather than 14 will only be three times as long.
i find that after using the value of 14, eventually C6 and Machinedrum got to be on great conversational platform, and so chose ticks to be zero.

now, instead of 5 hours in the afternoon to load a new set of samples to the Userwave section, the times is around 45 minutes.
Goomba
Re:Monomachine sysex problem 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I had the same issues with upgraded. I switched to my MOTU Ultralite MK3 MIDI interface, used a short MIDI cable, and set the 'ticks' in C6 to 2. Went fine after that. The Focusrite Pro24 MIDI interface didn't seem to work.
Go to top Post Reply