As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Korg RADIAS< - >ELEKTRON (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Korg RADIAS< - >ELEKTRON
Goomba
Re: Korg RADIASELEKTRON 18 Years, 3 Months ago

Array wrote:
At that price, you would be doing a great disservice to yourself if you bought a Radias instead of a Virus TI.

mhm, i would go for Roland V-Synth Rack (great color touchscreen), sequenced modulations. And i like the look of the V-Synth as well.
But Radias fits better to the elektron collection, isn't it. Not that i am stylish, but... 8-)
  The topic has been locked.
Boo

Array wrote:
At that price, you would be doing a great disservice to yourself if you bought a Radias instead of a Virus TI.

Why? A Radias actually seems to sound great without 8 miljion voices! :-D
it's a dressed up ms2000 and it's not worth the money

Friend wrote:

well...it is a bit more than that... it has drums, a sequencer...
Chain Chomp

Friend wrote:

I think it's funny that you say that. Through their own lazyness, Korg has created the impression that the Radias is somehow derived from the MS2000. In fact, it is based on the analog modeling engine found in the OASYS.

Array wrote:

Friend wrote:

I think it's funny that you say that. Through their own lazyness, Korg has created the impression that the Radias is somehow derived from the MS2000. In fact, it is based on the analog modeling engine found in the OASYS.

still not worth the money. nothing new here and vocoders are not as in as they use to be.
Boo
It's true that if you compare prices and specs, the Virus Ti looks like a better buy. But I already have a Virus B, and more important to me is the user interface and realtime interactivity. The Radius looks like it will have similar sequencing as the EMX. Despite its brittle and harsh sound, the EMX for me ends up being a go-to box for wierd synth noises and basic percussion, simply because it's so easy to get up and going on it so quickly. If the Radius has the same ease of use, and if the oscillator quality and filter smoothness is improved from the MS2000, I would consider it.
Chain Chomp
Does the Spectralis figure in this league, it has a sequencer, drum machine and virtual and analog synth, the developer has a great history of grooveboxes and synths. Come to think of it I don't know why I don't have one.
Boo
The Spectralis analog synth section is monophonic, which limits its appeal to me. The rest of the voices are standard sample-playback like other existing hardware samplers.

Is a mono analog synth, sample-playback engine, and a sequencer in one box worth $2,500? Not to me. I've already invested more than enough money and energy on gear that can do the same things.

Last year, there were a few threads over at Harmony-Central.com and a magazine review that revealed the Spectralis OS was in an unfinished state, even though people had already purchased it. More disappointing was that many of the advertised features were not yet implemented. Also, it sounded like the OS was not very easy or straightforward to navigate, and was heavily dependent on menus... Finally, there were many undocumented parameters, cryptic abbreviations, etc.

While the Spectralis is deep and has some cool sound capabilities and features, I ultimately decided it wouldn't be worth it for me.
Game & Watch

synthy wrote:

While the Spectralis is deep and has some cool sound capabilities and features, I ultimately decided it wouldn't be worth it for me.

I agree...for the same price you can get a MD and an MnM.
Go to top Post Reply