As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge S/W/M SEEKS HARDWARE ACE FOR A GOOD TIME (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: S/W/M SEEKS HARDWARE ACE FOR A GOOD TIME
Cappy
S/W/M SEEKS HARDWARE ACE FOR A GOOD TIME 18 Years, 3 Months ago
So heres the deal I'm a designer/artist, my brother is a software programmer who helped create a lot of Apple's newer audio software, and his good friend in Pittsburg just bought 150K worth of machinery to fabricate and assemble pretty much anything under the sun. We are making our own audio device and right now i'm designing a small USB sampler/effect box, but we need someone who knows circuit boards, hardware interface construction (audio/usb), and is just as crazy as us. If anyone out there knows someone or is someone capable of doing this type of work, please contact me @ lancedrake@gmail.com
thanks!
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: S/W/M SEEKS HARDWARE ACE FOR A GOOD TIME 18 Years, 3 Months ago
So you're designing a USB audio device, and you're all set except you just need someone to design it for you?
Hammer Bro
You might want to look at the midibox hardware platform, check www.ucapps.de - they have several small modules which are easily built by a novice. If you already have a software guy you could probably whip up a custom application for it pretty easily (source code skeletons and examples are posted there). Not sure if the PIC which is used in that system would be up to complex signal processing tasks, though....
Cappy
haha, no and yes. the "idea" would run off a program ala nord modular, but also be very singular. Anyways we have the MONEY to do this and half the ability.
Killer Beez
weird - don't you usually start with the product and then invest in producing it?

do you guys powdercoat there too? I need to get some rack stuff coated
Chain Chomp
I'd go with the ucapps site and the prodigy professional forum. You'll find alot of expert advice about designing electronics.

Get the information you need. Study it. Practice it. Design it. I wouldn't invest in something I couldn't totally understand nor design myself.

Oh yea, go firewire please.
Admin
damn. i thought i was finally gonna get a date.

:-o
Go to top Post Reply