As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear NEW! Minod Swedish synth (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: NEW! Minod Swedish synth
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: NEW! Minod Swedish synth 18 Years, 3 Months ago
Plus, guys like Milk can make money servicing the thing long after the OG manufacturer is defunkt. Give those guys some credit: they had an idea and made it into something real. Sidstation, anyone?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
I hear ya... I'm just jealous that's all.
Killer Beez
they should make it a DIY project once they sell the 25 - if they really believe in the thing, they should set it free into the world.

If you love something... who said that?
Game & Watch
Man, I can barely figure out how to twist the knobs on my gear... DIY is beyond me.
Goomba
I'll just say one thing, if you're looking for style get the minod the joystick is really sexy (I'm still sad elektron didn't put one one the sfx60).

BUT if you looking for sound get te EVOLVER!
I mean it, it's really worth the money.
just look at the specs .I'll compare this machine to elektron's gear, they're bringing digital synthesis to a new level,offering real new routing and synthesis options.
to be clear, the evolver is my favorite synth due its flexibility, craziness and small size (the new 303 i call it.)

however the basic oscillator/filter sound is not really what you'd call 'fat'.. im still interested in monosynths with a really fat sound so new things like minod remain interesting..
Boo

milkmansnd wrote:
ok - fuck this thing. Look at the signs of how sketchy it is:

first of all, they say "if it arrives broken" right in the email! Whats up with that? That does not inspire much confidence.

Its in beta testing and they are producing 25 - so, basically, they will make $18k on this and call it a day. Forget email support and new OS and firmware updates for 25 units!

the thing seems like a scam to me. I mean, who makes only 25 of anything and expects people to pay huge bucks when it could break in 2 weeks and the company is gone?

seriously. Does anyone else think this is suspect?

No...
You industrialized mass production kids are probably not aware that analog equipment often is done by single developers with very low capacitys..
Ever heard of the SEM sequencer for example? Or the devilfish 303?
The Schulte compakt phasing A?
I can tell you that the the support you get as one of only 40 customers is usually much better than the support you get as one of 20000 customers...
Usually tech support is availible much longer than in industrial production cycles wher no support is availible after 10 years...
Look at the devilfish 303...its still supported well after 10 years...
Its more related to the life circumstances of the developer than on a production cycle... Usually handmanufactored items have a longer support time than industrial products.
Goomba
Word up Rudebop

Ever tried getting service notes and help from Korg lately? Blood and stone are two applicable words.

Just look at Daniel using this Forum, does the head developer of Roland or Korg post on user sites?
I have no idea... but I'm guessing no.

I think this synth looks great, if I was producing something like this I'd make a small batch too, guage the response and demand and then source a larger/cheaper supply of parts if I needed them.

If I wanted to scam people I'd find an easier way than designing my own synthesiser.
Killer Beez
I never meant that this was some get rich quick scam for them.

Also - Elektron is growing. They want to sell 20,000 machinedrums in a year. Thats why they will be around to support us in the year 2020.

Whatever - if you get one, make sure to get the service info or schematics - that way any local tech can help you when the thing dies in 15 years.
how the hell do you know what you've stored in the box and where? does it just play continiously?
Go to top Post Reply