As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear NEW! Minod Swedish synth (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: NEW! Minod Swedish synth
Admin
Re: NEW! Minod Swedish synth 18 Years, 3 Months ago
i blame it on our litigious society (lawyers) -- that causes 99% of the CYA warnings you see out there.

but listen to ingrid -- i've learned more from her about the Norwegian postal system than I ever knew was possible. Shit, I just thought it was one guy on a polar bear.

-M
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Ok, now that we are done being PC... who's buying this thing?
Cappy
I'm on the list to get one of the first 6. I have wanted an analog mono to go with the MnM, and I just can't resist another aluminum faced box with a joystick. We'll see how it goes.
Game & Watch

purveyor2 wrote:
I'm on the list to get one of the first 6. I have wanted an analog mono to go with the MnM, and I just can't resist another aluminum faced box with a joystick. We'll see how it goes.

Ok cool... and once you are done with it...you can sell it to me for $600.
Cappy

milkmansnd wrote:
ok, I can chalk that up to my american-ness.

When i hear "if it arrives broken" all of a sudden I am thinking "someone had one arrive broken and this company is trying to cover their ass for next time"

Don't worry, we're used to you shooting your mouth off before thinking things through.
Hammer Bro

papertiger wrote:
Shit, I just thought it was one guy on a polar bear.

Oh come on, everybody knows there are no polar bears in Norway!

The post man rides a unicycle.

You never emailed me back btw.
Killer Beez

5inusoid wrote:
Don't worry, we're used to you shooting your mouth off before thinking things through.

huh?

I thought the point was that I did think that through - I am just interpreting the information differently cause people in my country sue eachother more often.
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!
Milkman wrote,
you have to program the bootstrap onto it, otherwise the thing will not boot and be ready to take the OS via midi

I'm pretty sure he missed the small detail about buying it pre-programmed from them.
Killer Beez
I still don't trust it. If they are only making 25 - whats gonna happen in 10 years? Are they still going to support this synth or is it disposable? Its a lot of money for something like that. I would make sure I get the full tech docs (if they even have them) and full documentation on that PIC.

sorry to be so skeptical about this thing - but my electronics side wonders what 10 years of regular use does to something, and what is gonna happen to the company in that time. Now, if it were $400 my tune would change - but its a $700+ monosynth!
King Koopa
All your base are belong to us!
Sure. It will be a gamble no matter how one tries to twist it. It might be that this is the only synth they'll ever make and when the unit breaks the saftey net might not be there. But if you consider Waldorf for example, how much hardware support is available for their hardware now? I'm not updated on this but just for the sake of this discussion, lets say there are none. This could happen with almost any hardware manufacturer. Then the built in saftey net of a large manufacturer is worth exactly as much, nothing.

However, if this little venture turns out to end up in the history books who knows what these first units will be worth. And when it comes to future support for a niche product one could study EMS for example.
Go to top Post Reply