As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Cappy
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 4 Months ago
tiB wrote - hold function when you load the new machine in edit and the params stay the same....

Not quite clear. Is this machine copy or relative to the UW? Which machine?
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
recommend updating elektron.se homepage to show current status of CY2010 device.
No faces, no skylines... just gear pron to lust after between now on Q1 2010....
Killer Beez
shagghie wrote:
recommend updating elektron.se homepage to show current status of CY2010 device.
No faces, no skylines... just gear pron to lust after between now on Q1 2010....

melon twister
Admin
tIB was here
burlives wrote:
tiB wrote - hold function when you load the new machine in edit and the params stay the same....

Not quite clear. Is this machine copy or relative to the UW? Which machine?

Sorry, not clear... when selecting a new machine in the kit edit menu if you hold function while selecting it retains any changes you have made to that machine.

Still not clear: load a machine, tweak it to death, load a new one in its place while holding select and all the changes you made will still be there. ie it doesnt reset the parameters for the new machine. Useful!
Midi Step Sequencing Machine 14 Years, 4 Months ago
Sounds strange? I know it can do midi sequencing via p-locks already. But that can be some headaches to some users include me. I wish there can be something like this:

-----

I suggest a midi sequncing machine, which you start it with a trigger, keeps playing until you mute it.

The 3 pages are:

SYN page:
step1 | step2 | step3 | step4
step5 | step6 | step7 | step8

FLT page:
step9 | step10 | step11 | step12
step13 | step14 | step15 | step16

LFO page:
midi channel | transpose | length | tempo division
play direction | lfo rate | lfo depth | lfo mix

-----

It can do poly rhythm, steps can be modulated by lfo so the sequence keeps changing while playing, the tempo division can also be modulated for interesting timing change, and play direction modulation...... Ah, dream sequencer.

Tell me what you think about it, thx.

Regards,
/M.Q.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Re:Midi Step Sequencing Machine 14 Years, 4 Months ago
Love to have: p-locking or recording transpose plus p-lock record for the function arrow note move for each track..............plus monomachine sequencer for the MD!!!!
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 3 Months ago
Would be very useful for those who use the MD as slave: start of the pattern immediatly after receiving a program change, and not after 4 measures. Or the choice between two solutions: wait for 4 measures (as it is now) ou start immediatly.
Game & Watch
Re:Midi Step Sequencing Machine 14 Years, 3 Months ago
Xiaodaner wrote:
Sounds strange? I know it can do midi sequencing via p-locks already. But that can be some headaches to some users include me. I wish there can be something like this:

-----

I suggest a midi sequncing machine, which you start it with a trigger, keeps playing until you mute it.

The 3 pages are:

SYN page:
step1 | step2 | step3 | step4
step5 | step6 | step7 | step8

FLT page:
step9 | step10 | step11 | step12
step13 | step14 | step15 | step16

LFO page:
midi channel | transpose | length | tempo division
play direction | lfo rate | lfo depth | lfo mix

-----

It can do poly rhythm, steps can be modulated by lfo so the sequence keeps changing while playing, the tempo division can also be modulated for interesting timing change, and play direction modulation...... Ah, dream sequencer.

Tell me what you think about it, thx.

Regards,
/M.Q.

Brilliant idea! I don't really use the midi out on my MD cos of the way my gear is set-up but this would be very useful to some folk. Send it to the folk at Elektron, this sounds do-able.
Game & Watch
Re:Midi Step Sequencing Machine 14 Years, 3 Months ago
Perhaps by using the Midi Channel dial, you could choose to send the midi back to a machine within the Machinedrum...
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 2 Months ago
Don´t know if this has been up, but it would be great if you could load individual machines from already saved kits..

Could be like when in load kit mode, you could choose load all/load track 1-16..

Easier than loading a kit, copying the bassdrum you want, load the kit you are building, paste the BD - like you will have to do today..? Or when you are working with a kit thats already fine, but remember you have a nice bell in another kit made up of a tweaked GND-SN or whatever, you could just get that particular sound out of the kit without all the buttontaps and remembering to copy..

For me, that would be great.. time saving and intuitive..
Go to top Post Reply