As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 11 Months ago
Different reverb algorithms would be nice on the MD.....
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
MDuw mkI/Octatrack/Analog Four/TT-303/Vermona Kick Lancet/Eurorack Modular System/Monotribe/Monotron Delay/Monotron
Yeah, your best bet is to use the GND-SIN machine.
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
thats about it

if you want synth sounds elektron style

sid and mnm
Cappy
If you believe there's no other synth that can do this many drum sounds, you REALLY need to sit down with a synthesizer and stop using presets some time.

hmm, even my andromeda has problems to be as satisfying as the md is (sequencer)... and i never use any type of presets... i dont have problems to get metallic bells or laser sounds from md :/

you hit the nail right on the head. if we can have a gnd-sin machine why not a gnd-saw and gnd-square with some basic fm? probably because elektron thinks it would detract from the mnm's value i'm afraid.

now you hit the nail on the head; i mentioned the monomachine exactly because of the point, that its for the synthesis you cant find on md. and especially the sequencer is it, what makes the interesting sounds...

to do something for this threat: id like to have the distortion adjustable in the master effects menu...
Goomba
Smoof wrote:hmm, even my andromeda has problems to be as satisfying as the md is (sequencer)... and i never use any type of presets... i dont have problems to get metallic bells or laser sounds from md :/

Well, you brought up synthesizers in reference to sounds, not the sequencer. As far as actual drum sound synthesis, you just can't beat a modular and that's that. But more to the point, there's a lot that Elektron didn't implement that could be implemented with ease so that the MachineDrum really could do anything that any other drum machine could do. Just a quick overhaul of the GND-SN machine would do the trick: tack on a modulation waveform, depth, and speed control, and it would be perfect. There's already four unused knobs in that machine, so it makes sense. As far as that then encroaching on MonoMachine territory, I really don't think that it would because all it would be doing is creating another sound system for percussive sounds rather than a device for building pads/leads/basses/etc. I just think it would be nice for the MachineDrum to be a little more all-encompassing and have the ability to create sounds no other machine is capable of. Is that too much to ask? I mean the only true hardware drum synthesizer in existence is the ER-1, and I think that's really sad considering how many people would use it!
Cappy
ok, i agree that theres more potential in the elektron concept, or better said its enhanceable; free running arps, individual track length, lfos, and some points in the synthesis, as you mentioned.

i never used an er-1, but you made me curious about it. why do you think its so powerful? when i look at the interface i dont believe its stronger than md, or at least both elektrons...
Goomba
Smoof wrote:
i never used an er-1, but you made me curious about it. why do you think its so powerful? when i look at the interface i dont believe its stronger than md, or at least both elektrons...

Well, as I admitted previously, it sounds like shit, but what makes it so fascinating is that you can synthesize drum sounds completely from scratch. Like with Elektron and Jomox, you're just adjusting preset modulations, but with the ER-1, you can pick your modulations. Start with sine/tri wave, pick a modulator waveform, apply speed and depth, adjust decay, and you the end results range from traditional kick/snare/tom/cymbal to weird indescribable noises not possible on any other machine outside of a modular. If the core synthesis engine weren't so brittle, plastic and just generally Korg sounding, I'd consider it a masterpiece. If Elektron implemented this system into the MD with their far superior base waveforms? ...they could be gods!
Admin
tIB was here
^ I hear ya, good ideas as far as Im concerned... mail them to HQ?
Game & Watch
On the Monomachine I'd like to see a Acid/303 machine, with its own filter on the synthesis page (so then it could be still processed by the main filter) the 8 parameters for the synthesis page should be Cutoff, Resonance, Env mod, Decay, Accent amt, Accent on/off, slide on/off, waveform select.

I know a 303ish sound can be coaxed from the mono as it is, but it is a bit cumbersome. I already have 3 303's and a number of clones but it would be nice for those sofa sessions
Game & Watch
tIB wrote:
^ I hear ya, good ideas as far as Im concerned... mail them to HQ?

Agreed, sounds like a winner. With p-locks you could change the modulating waveform, speed and depth on every step.. that would make for some pretty far out noises.
Go to top Post Reply