As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 2 Months ago
Sorry for not making it through the whole thread (I tried a few pages) but I have some ideas that have been kicking around for a while.

It would be nice if you could have the MD's audio in machines (INP) be able to learn the tempo from external sources. I am not very technically inclined but my guess is that the triggering of the gate &/or filter follower could be compared to the clock to guess the tempo. This would be nice for using the MB with pre-midi devices, syncing your MD to vinyl in a liveset, and so on. My guess (haha-like I know what I am talking about) is that this would not be too hard to do. You could also let the person "help" the MD by tapping along with the source material. While the tapping would not be perfect, it might help the MD narrow things down.

It would be nice if, along with C6, there was some kind of C7 that helped out a little more with Sysex. For example, C7 could look at a dump and pick out kits or even individual drum sounds. C7 would let you audition a kit by sending it to a temporary buffer such as the Undo Kit. This would be nice if someone posts a kit in SYX, then you could audition it and check it out before writing to the memory. You might also be able to pull from a variety of your libraries to find the right drum for a track. In general, I think there's a lot of great potential for a Sysex librarian that goes beyond C6 and helps people organize their current material and also share things.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
what you are describing as "C7" maybe could be possible with Daswesen's MINICOMMAND???

Computer Controlled wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a real time pattern length feature ala the MAM SQ16 would be killer!

plus a 1 step pattern would be killer indeed!
Killer Beez
AUX sends on the machine drum. Basically a Variable send to extra outputs.
Param locks on analogue effects anyone?.

Possible by duplicating tracks but who has spare tracks? not me.
Goomba
I would like user waveforms to be available in the LFOs.
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 1 Month ago
Now this will never happen, for a vast number of entirely plausible reasons, but:

MnM: FX Machine
Diatonic pitch shifter.
Knob 1/2: Voice 1/2 offset
Knob 3/4: Voice 1/2 delay
Knob 5: Voice 1/2 pan offset (width)
Knob 6: Feedback
Knob 7:Wet/dry
Knob 8: Input level

Snaps to the key set in the transpose menu.
Kong
mr. applehead
i would like to chain patterns while editing and have the optionto toggle between current selected pattern edit page sticky but still cylcling through selected patterns and how it is now, (cycles through patterns, edit page changes with pattern)

it would just make it easier to edit step locks that were closer to the end of the bar without the pattern flicking over and changing pages on you, which leaves you with some random parameter value or no lock edit.

this function would be better than 64 step patterns imo because you can have as many step patterns as you can hold down and you dont have to rush to edit one step before the seq reaches end of the bar (very hard at higher tempo)

its my gripe on the sequencer

Killer Beez
neonleg wrote:
i would like to chain patterns while editing and have the optionto toggle between current selected pattern edit page sticky but still cylcling through selected patterns and how it is now, (cycles through patterns, edit page changes with pattern)

it would just make it easier to edit step locks that were closer to the end of the bar without the pattern flicking over and changing pages on you, which leaves you with some random parameter value or no lock edit.

this function would be better than 64 step patterns imo because you can have as many step patterns as you can hold down and you dont have to rush to edit one step before the seq reaches end of the bar (very hard at higher tempo)

its my gripe on the sequencer

+100
they should stick some genoqs nemo-like functions in there but the interface may not allow it in any easy way.
this would be nice on monomachine:

and with this, you will have 5 tracks mono + 1 midi or whatever you want
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
yes yes yes, fuc yeah, and all the efx machines for synth each track, this is a glaring oversight and come on elektron we need 16 tracks plus sampling -
ha time for me to get a md again, me thinks
Go to top Post Reply