As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Cappy
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 4 Months ago
the ability to change a portion of patterns not looping while in pattern mode for performing live with the monomachine would be nice

like if im looping just 16 beats but I have pattern/midi information on the other 48, it would be nice to be able to preview the entire thing while only looping 16

also it would be nice to be able to jump to the second, third, or fourth set of 16 beats and be able to loop only that 16 beats (or any portion of the entire thing from any start and end point)

on both boxes for that last one
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
b0t23 wrote:

also it would be nice to be able to jump to the second, third, or fourth set of 16 beats and be able to loop only that 16 beats (or any portion of the entire thing from any start and end point)

I am pretty sure you can do that in song mode...
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
how about a new box that is a pure phrase sampler and input machine mangler only... no onboard synthesis....just samples that can be easily imported to create the ultimate sidecar to the MD and MnM for live sets and studio work...
The entire world is missing a phrase sampler...and in particular, one that was done right by elektron.
it would be a software nightmare to build in all the stretchy algorithms, elastic audio, zero-crossing finders, etc...but once done, it would also finally give live DJ's the ability to finally say goodbye to Ableton and these BS 'Semi-Live' monikers we all have grown to hate so much.

I don't want to be tied to a computer to manage it though... just give me a card reader and file browser and we're good to go.
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
Whats not live about pressing play on ableton loops?!??! It's less stressful than actually djing vinyls...!!!
King Koopa
I have a great idea... probably asked before but... i think it would be very nice...

if you are able to set the amount of steps in a bar with function, like with the mutes...
that it goes to the amount of steps you selected when you release function,

and then.. it would be very nice if you could set it up to a 1 step pattern (the minimum now is 2 steps ). so you can do beat repeating glitch stuff while jamming in pattern mode!!!!!!!!!

that would really make it freaky machine!

edit; i know you can do this kind of stuff using the ram machines...but it would be very very nice if you could do that whith a whole pattern!

Are you guys with me? lets all email elektron for this great request!!!
King Koopa
lol... how stupid.. ofcourse you dont need that hold function in scale mode, because you can press on the trig for the amount of steps you want.

My only wish now is a one step pattern on machinedrum, that would be awesome for beatrepeating!
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
I agree a one-step would be helpful at times - short-term solution - new pattern - double the tempo temporarily - only fill in the first step - repeat.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
or just flick the 2x switch when you have 2 steps
Game & Watch
feature request: copy all of Bank A etc
to any other Bank.
King Koopa
hageir wrote:
or just flick the 2x switch when you have 2 steps
i know.. but i like to be able to mess with the tempo multipliers on a 1 step pattern.. im a glitchboi you see.. so i want to go further than 2 steps.
with a one step pattern there is no need for VST's to get some simple beat repeating sounds!

and its cool to record that stuff and arrange it in a nice way, and ofcourse experimenting for live use

@previewlounge.. nice request.. +1, but you could just send the sysex
Go to top Post Reply