As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 15 Years, 6 Months ago
monoman wrote:
MONOMACHINE

Individual setting of polyphonie voices

Maybe this has already been posted, but what about being able to set the number of polyphonie. Now you can only swith between mono or poly (6 voices). Wouldn't it be great to set the number of voices individually. E.g. 3 voices for poly would eat up 3 tracks, the remaining 3 tracks could be run in mono mode.

can't you just copy the same track 3 times* and then create a Multi-Trig that controls those 3 tracks?
*or even create three different tracks? (like the Sequential Circuits Multi-Trak and the SixTrak -they can have 6 different voices at once)
  The topic has been locked.
hageir wrote:
monoman wrote:
MONOMACHINE

Individual setting of polyphonie voices

Maybe this has already been posted, but what about being able to set the number of polyphonie. Now you can only swith between mono or poly (6 voices). Wouldn't it be great to set the number of voices individually. E.g. 3 voices for poly would eat up 3 tracks, the remaining 3 tracks could be run in mono mode.

can't you just copy the same track 3 times* and then create a Multi-Trig that controls those 3 tracks?
*or even create three different tracks? (like the Sequential Circuits Multi-Trak and the SixTrak -they can have 6 different voices at once)

Good idea but with your setup polyphonie wouldn't be able. Sure I could trigger more than one track but it would be still monophonic. Thanks for your thoughts!
Admin
tIB was here
^ If you set a basic monophonic outline on one track, copy the track/machine into another 2 slots and then reprogram them it gives an impression of polyphony; you are getting 3 voices out of the same sound if that makes sense. Admittedly a bit fiddly but it achieves what you want.
MAZ
Boo
A controlable random function on sequencer steps would be really appreciated on both machines.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
A shift whole pattern left+right would be great (on the MnM and MD)
I hate having to shift each page 6 or 16 times!
Goomba
would be nice to have a feature that let you "swap tracks" for finished patterns. this feature could be hidden somewhere deep in the menu, because you wouldn't need to access it in a livesituation.

i can't work that straight to have my kick always on BD, the snare on SN and so on. i use sounds/machines on the tracks as it comes. sometimes i have my snare on SN, another time on CP, another time on CY...

for livesets i would like to rearrange the tracks of finished patterns to make them more consistent. i would know my kick is always on BD, snare always on SN, hats always on OH...
Killer Beez
What a great thread. I just read through the whole lot. It really gives an insight into what went into designing and programming these machines.

I always wanted more groove control for individual tracks and hits on the MD. Now I realise that creating stable and super accurate timing was all about keeping things simple. A higher res grid would require more processor cycles and would then compromise all round accuracy.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this design ethic is also reflected in the UW ram size. Certainly the bit depth. Larger ram would mean slower read/write/loading time (less available bandwidth) and would make the machine less "playable".

Everything that has gone into these machines has been done for speed and ease of use. How long does it take to boot? compared to most music tech and certainly a laptop it is no time at all. I recently noticed the success of Nintendo is down to a very similar ethic.

Certain things mentioned in here are easily implemented in software and one I would like to see is the tidying up of the mute pop up. Not sure it is really necessary at all as the led's show what tracks are active or not.

While on the subject I have noticed a bug or idiosyncracy when using the input filter machine. A kit reset ignores some parameters on just this machine. The envelope filter settings and the SRR fail to reset. The graphics do but the actual device doesn't. I would like to see this fixed.

Superb forum. Great for inspiration and sharing knowledge and music.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
How about a new machine RP1-RP4 on the MD.

An RP machine would work on ONE TRACK like an R and a P work on TWO tracks currently when recording to RAM.

For example, you set track 1 as RP1. You sequence it as you would any other track and whatever is in RAM1 for RP1 will play accordingly. The ONLY difference is that if you have the FUNCTION key down when it is triggered (OR you manually trigger it with FUNCTION down) it goes into RECORD mode (optionally muting the playback of itself as happens now with R and P machines) and records for whatever length you've configured it for. Once recording is complete it trigs itself again as appropriate via sequence or when you hit the key without FUNCTION.

This would save a track every time you use an RP instead of an R and a P - allowing me to have 4 record/playback tracks using only 4 tracks instead of the current 8.

Please!
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
The ENS machines on the MONO should be able to tune past an octave, to really get some thick chords out of it.

That is all
Chain Chomp
Dubby music & free samples
http://leocavallo.bandcamp.com
Good suggestion about the RP machine, Easmack.
If I can add my own FR, I'd like to see the Record or Play status being assigned to a P-lockable parameter of the RP machine.
Go to top Post Reply