As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: FS: MPC 1K
Admin
FS: MPC 1K 18 Years, 3 Months ago
ok, thought i'd let the elektronists get first dibs. mint condition mpc 1k with 128 MB RAM expansion installed. the manual has been read, may have thumb prints on it, but the machine is impeccable. i'll even throw in a usb cable, cause i'm a hell of a gal.

contact me if interested.

-M
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
Re: FS: MPC 1K 18 Years, 3 Months ago
what the fuck is wrong with you? :-D
Admin

milkmansnd wrote:

milkman always had a way with women!
Cappy

milkmansnd wrote:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

2.0 is going to be released, like, tommorrow.
Killer Beez
papertiger and I have made friends, so I feel ok saying that.

yeah - wait for 2.0, then make the call.
Admin
Milkman -

Your poetic use and command of the english language are rivaled only by your eloquence. :-P

I've got my reasons for selling the MPC, and it's not because I don't like it -- I like it a lot, in fact, but I find that it's getting in the way of me making music rather than helping me be productive. I love the mono sequencer, and would prefer to use it instead of the MPC's sequencer. Which would leave the MPC as "just" a sampler, which is fine, but I don't think that it meets my needs in terms of sound mangling/sound design possibilities. Yes, I know that's not what it's designed for, but it's the closest thing I could find that had the right balance of features in a tabletop sampler.

So I've gone back to the drawing board. I tried the MPC, I liked it, but it's getting in the way. To me, that's enough reason. OS 2.0 or not.

". . . cause when you realize you are not using that gear you can resell it and put the money back into your pocket at a time when you might need it more."

. . . Should sound familiar. . .

And last but not least -- " I do what I want. Gosh!!!" :-o

-M
Killer Beez
yeah, but uaually that period of time is more than 3 weeks :-D
Hammer Bro
3 weeks? that's just....pathological
Admin
Actually, milk, it's been closer to 5 weeks (does that downgrade me from pathological to just crazy?).

I tried a piece of gear, I liked it, but since I don't have a lot of time to make music, i would rather sacrifice the MPC for the sake of simplicity and productivity than sell one of the elektrons. using all three just doesn't work for _me_ (Forgive me, Dr. Dre, for I have sinned). if I had more time to fiddle with all three, then I would keep it. but I don't, so off it goes, hopefully to a good home. Perhaps Milk's Home for Wayward and Neglected Gear? :-P

I'm going to take my own advice from another thread and learn what I have.

Counsel rests, but reserves the right to present additional evidence in response to any new arguments presented by the Prosecution. :-o

-M

papertiger wrote:
Actually, milk, it's been closer to 5 weeks (does that downgrade me from pathological to just crazy?).

I tried a piece of gear, I liked it, but since I don't have a lot of time to make music, i would rather sacrifice the MPC for the sake of simplicity and productivity than sell one of the elektrons. using all three just doesn't work for _me_ (Forgive me, Dr. Dre, for I have sinned). if I had more time to fiddle with all three, then I would keep it. but I don't, so off it goes, hopefully to a good home. Perhaps Milk's Home for Wayward and Neglected Gear? :-P

I'm going to take my own advice from another thread and learn what I have.

Counsel rests, but reserves the right to present additional evidence in response to any new arguments presented by the Prosecution. :-o

-M

Do what you want. I can decide within a month if the machine is worth having or not.
Go to top Post Reply