As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine...
Goomba
Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine... 14 Years, 5 Months ago
Hi All,

Probably preaching to the converted here, but just wanted to let eveyone know that I finally get the Monomachine for all its sonic wonderfullness.

Read comments about it being a little souless and about it taking a while to get into the machine. I have had all manner of synths over the years and was beginning to doubt whether I could ever get anything worthy out of the sfx-60 (mk II).

Had one for 5 weeks now and I finally get it. Have to say it took a few long nights of taking the Monomachine out of the studio and playing it on the sofa and in bed with headphones.

F**kin love this machine!!! Love the delays, all the synths, love the warm/gritty sound, P-Locks is just the greatest idea ever on a synth/seq.

Sorry if all this sounds a little gay. But, to all the doubters, hang on in there.

Joe

Shanghai
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Finally I get it. Love my MonoMachine... 14 Years, 5 Months ago
Werd, I have a Machinedrum at the moment and Im just starting to get into it again after being frustrated over it.

I know theres a magic to it, just takes alot of work.
Admin
Man, congrats !

I've had mine for almost a year and I still struggle . Some days it feels really natural and other days I'm either lost, or I feel like I'm doing the same stuff over again all the time.

I think I just need to take It into bed with the headphones like i used to.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Great one, the mono is a dream. It's up and down guys - just gotta try new things all the time. This week: its mono loop-finding with with transpose and scrolling the seq with the arrows i.e pushing the notes forward or backwards. Keep the delay page open, always tweak the delay, low bmp and its all bliss. Added the api 2500 plug for warmth. So wide and deep...... next week a new avenue will open up with the MK2 arrival . Still ambivalent about the MD UW though, haven't used it for a while. Maybe time to switch back and go a full week of MD!! errrr, still hate the red screen though!!!
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Congrats. I have had mine about a year now and it continues to surprise me!

I love the monomachine as well. I will never sell mine or my MD.
Game & Watch
Mono couch sessons with headphones are what do it every time for me. Not so with the MD - I find it much more difficult to 'balance' and/or 'glue' sounds together than with Mono.

Anyway, you should keep in mind that most of the time there is no 'soulless' gear, only users.
Whether someone clicks with interface/sounds or not is another question, but there's no point in judging someone/something if you have not tried being familiar with it.
Game & Watch
congrats man...I think this was the same time the mono takes to made me love it...the first impression was not good at all and I remember I was thinking about sell it...but after some bedtime with (this is lap time w/headphones, not sex) it start to show me all the things I was loosing for years!
enjoy it and welcome to the church!

PD: and about being a little "gay" is because you look at your mono as a "he"...but some guys here think it´s a "she"...what do you think?
Game & Watch
Took me years to love the Monomachine...
Game & Watch
jsrockit wrote:
Took me years to love the Monomachine...
i am becoming quite gay for the mono. some days more than others though. it's hard to do a couch session because it has the keyboard but i love the joystick sooooo much. and that makes me just a little gayer. YAY!!!!!
Go to top Post Reply