As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Novation K Station (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Novation K Station
Novation K Station 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I was looking at cheap virtual synths with vocoders. That basically gives me three options the Korg MicroKorg, The Alesis Micron, and the Novation K Station. The Korg was ok when I owned it...but not enough knobs...same with the Micron. The Novation has knobs and is relatively cheap used these days. Despite the fact that it is virtual analog...is there any reason not to buy this synth?
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Re: Novation K Station 18 Years, 4 Months ago
if you liked the microkorg, why not get a used MS2000? is the same with more knobs. i've been looking for an MS2000BR to replace my micro for a long time, just can't find a "B" around here :-?
Well, I don't like big synths...should have metioned that as well... I don't have the room for it. Anyone have any thoughts on the K Station?
Hammer Bro
Keep your eyes peeled for a second-hand Nord Modular Classic Rack version...18 knobs, and incredible, unlimited sounds (including a nice vocoder). I've seen em drop for around $450.
So, does this mean the K-Station sucks? Also, I want the keyboard to use as a controller.
Game & Watch
I think I will just buy it and find out for myself.
Killer Beez
the K station is the biggest heap of garbage you can get. Every one I know who has a Novation keyboard hates it - and has either sold it or uses it knowing its absolutely shameful.

first of all, they are built terribly - within the first week or two you will hear screws falling out of the thing and rattling around on the inside - thats not good! Its just a matter of time before that little screw takes out the power supply or some other part of the electronics.

then there is the nasty grounding problem that they have. They will never be quiet - every one I have heard emits this high pitched squeal.

lastly, and most importantly - there is the horrid sound that they make! Its like the fakest digital crap synth failure since Red Sound. Good lord its a joke - do yourself a favor and save up for a real VA synth!
Game & Watch

milkmansnd wrote:
Good lord its a joke - do yourself a favor and save up for a real VA synth!

Ok, please give me some examples.
have you tried the yamaha psr 900,000? its got speakers!

zorb wrote:
have you tried the yamaha psr 900,000? its got speakers!

Keep being a jerk-off!
Go to top Post Reply