As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge An idea suddenly comes into my mind (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: An idea suddenly comes into my mind
An idea suddenly comes into my mind 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I am thinking about a virtual modular elektron box.
Like a elektron interface box with a nord modular synth core inside.
too bad it is just a dream :
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re: An idea suddenly comes into my mind 18 Years, 4 Months ago
how would this work without a software editor? having come from a g2 rack to the elektrons, i've fallen in love with the touch of hardware again. i'm just curious how you envision this working, 'cause it's an intriguing idea. =)

-M
ha,, thx for replyin' my daydreamy post

building synthesizer/samplers on the computer and... go composing as a standalone machine.
You can always have different setup, different sound generators/fx... all controlled through genius elektron interface/sequencer.

So it can be a totally multi-mode synth workstation / sampling workstation or something merging the two. or sequenced fx box with synth/sampling features....

It is like a reaktor with the most genius sequencing interface...

lol... I think I need to get back to reality ha.

:-D
Admin
anotherbbs wrote:
ha,, thx for replyin' my daydreamy post
_____

those are some of my favorite kinds of posts! =)
______

anotherbbs wrote:
building synthesizer/samplers on the computer and... go composing as a standalone machine.
You can always have different setup, different sound generators/fx... all controlled through genius elektron interface/sequencer.
_______

ok now THAT is an idea that I would defintely get on board with. one of the problems that I alwasy had with the g2 rack was the lack of integrated interface. ok, duh, buy the kb vesion or an nm rack, but i think designing the guts yourself then having the elektron interface (i.e. sequencer plus parameter locks) would rule. instead of "just" assignable knobs. you could marry the two systems and have a very powerful synth. this is a very clever idea.
_________
anotherbbs wrote:
So it can be a totally multi-mode synth workstation / sampling workstation or something merging the two. or sequenced fx box with synth/sampling features....

It is like a reaktor with the most genius sequencing interface...

you're right, it is. reaktor is a biznatch -- the g2 editor is sooo much nicer, imo. and there goes that word again. . . sampling. . . are you listening elektron? 8-)
______
anotherbbs wrote:

lol... I think I need to get back to reality ha.

:-D

I should probably get back to work. . . =)

-M
Admin
btw, sorry for the annoying formatting. this whoel intarweb thing . . .
Hammer Bro
this is interesting discussion, I have two things to say:

on the idea of having a better sequencing interface for a virtual modular system...I think that's a beautiful idea. Short of having Elektron and Clavia team up, maybe we can daydream about Clavia releasing better sequencer controllers for their G2 system...imagine having a 16 step physical interface available with their modules...parameter locks? We can dream, right

On a different angle...imagine if Elektron came out with a family of "building block" synth modules...not like traditional analog modules, but rather each would be a miniature self-contained music computer, specializing in one function, and you could link together as many as you wanted. Each one could support 2 or 4 tracks of some kind of synthesis, there could be sampling blocks with more flash ram, different controller modules, the sequencer brain, etc. If you look at one of the flyers that elektron package with their gear, you will see a concept sketch of something like this idea, with in i/o module, keyboard module, screen module, etc, all plugging together....
Admin
ggoodwin --

i dig your idea of building block synths. . . but it also sounds very expensive, heh. but a sampler -- mm! who knows though -- maybe with this turbo midi thing, elektron could make a system like this run even better than we can imagine. =O

an elektron-clavia joint production would be tight (i'm gonna dream like anotherbbs). i still can't believe that clavia have not gotten on the ball and designed a dedicated control surface for the g2. i know, i know, that's what the kb version is for, but when i was on the list, i remember even kb owners ssaying they would buy one because the kb was so well designed. They were confident that Clavia would make something that could standalone or complement the kb well.

did i mention that an elektron device that would also sample would be lovely? (yeah yeah, UW, don't rain on my parade).

-M
if they produced a sampler with an elektron interface then updated the OS with a way of 'linking' the machines together they might be able to pull off sharing modulation sources. for example, a LFO from the MD could modulate a parameter on the MM & vice versa. similar to the pluggo modulation concept, design it so that each parameter that accepts 'local modulation' also accepts 'global modulation' from the other synths. personally i would like to steer clear of the computer for a 'back end'. if i want to do serious virtual modular with a computer i can use max/msp or reaktor with a midi controller. something more like the roland vsynth but for an elektron world would be excellent...
jhs
Goomba
that was me..
Admin
yeah, i have to admit, the idea of having to reincorporate the computer into the guts of synthesizing or making sounds would be lame. that's why you'd need some kind of hybrid system, perhaps like the one you are suggesting. a balance between hardware, modularity (is that a word?), and tweakability.

who knows. . . it's probably moot anyway. =P

although. . . NAMM is right around the corner. . .

-M
Go to top Post Reply