As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear elektron website newness?!? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: elektron website newness?!?
Game & Watch
Re:elektron website newness?!? 14 Years, 8 Months ago
actuel wrote:
tIB wrote:
What's making people think we might get a new OS here? Was there anything in the videos that would suggest that?

NOPE.

Hmmm... the plot thins.
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Do you guys think I should wait before pulling the trigger on a new sticker pack?
Goomba
monome-MnM II-MD UWII-Nordmodular G2-Evolver-MPC500-SE1-Jomox xBase09-Sherman FB2
SYS2064 on SoundCloud
Game & Watch
ignatius wrote:
Barfunkel wrote:
A great-sounding sampler with analog filters would make me wet my bed. There's definitely a demand for something like that, I wonder no one has done it. Modern analog synths are a dime in a dozen, samplers with analog filters are as scarce as a virgin in the Playboy mansion.

there are older ones. sequential circuits did one and the EMU Emulators (I, II, III) had analog filters.

yep, and my emax (mkI) got analog filter too...

it´s 12 bits (A/D and D/A...8 bits internal) with 512 kb of RAM, wich I´m sure is the same amount installed into the theoretical elektron sampler
Admin
tIB was here
actuel wrote:
tIB wrote:
What's making people think we might get a new OS here? Was there anything in the videos that would suggest that?

NOPE.

Thats what I thought...

My uninformed bystander take is that...

- elektron are working on something new but are keeping things very close to there chest, if people outside of the company do know they will be sworn to secrecy so the news wont come out until they decide to let it out.
- major OS upgrades cost a lot of development cash so I dont expect anything else other than bugfixes (though obviously I would welcome a happy surprise.)
- elektron are in the process of creating a lot of advertising/web hype to build up to the major announcement: I expect videos, posters, stickers and anything else they can make up with the promise of further pleasant news to follow, the big teases.
- Im not holding my breath on anything just yet; 4th quarter was talked about before but the recent job adds might suggest this is running into next year...

My money is on a sampler/effect unit, though i have nothing to back this up.
Imo, Elektron has to be realizing that only a fraction of users are like us and that many many others buy the machines, fail to understand how to use them beyond the basics and end up selling. While the videos are over the top in terms of style and prooduction value, I see them as a very basic how-to intended to draw and hold new users. I'm very tempted to make a mockumentaty version... "Ja, ze Machinedrum sees me naked und calls its freinds."

As to the ever-present rumors, I'm through believing that there is a new Elektron anything coming any time soon. And I'm okay with that. Still holding my breath for the Monojoystick.
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
don't you just love it when i poke the hornets nest of GASers!

peace
Chain Chomp
While the videos are over the top in terms of style and prooduction value, I see them as a very basic how-to intended to draw and hold new users.
Yes, of course. Nothing to do with other vids we can see on youtube. For example, the Idm in a box or all the vids from Daswesen. But, it's very interesting to understand what we can do rapidly, with not so much deep programming time before. So it's interesting to see, as an elektron-gear-noob. For advanced users, I understand easily there's not much to see in there. As it is the case of all promotional gear vids

Xa
Chain Chomp
Re:elektron website newness?!? 14 Years, 7 Months ago
Admin
tIB was here
Re:elektron website newness?!? 14 Years, 7 Months ago
^ bet they wont stay there long...

EDIT: I didnt last long: its just as I imagined a talking manual... totally dull.

Having said that Im sure it would have been useful a year ago when I got my MD...
Go to top Post Reply