As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Cheap Nanoloop Carts (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cheap Nanoloop Carts
Game & Watch
Cheap Nanoloop Carts 18 Years, 5 Months ago
A beta version of Nanoloop 1.3 is available for 30 euros shipped to the US... that is about $36 US. Not bad. It only works with gameboy color, GBA and GBA SP though...not the pocket or the original grey model...which may be a turn-off to some. I ordered one.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Cheap Nanoloop Carts 18 Years, 5 Months ago
Dang, that is cheap. How long is the offer good for? Anybody here use Nanoloop much? What do you think of it?
Game & Watch
I've used 1.2 and 2.0 and it is fun...portable video game music making. Obviously not as cool as the Sidstation...but nice still... lo-fi. Each time I end up selling it though...and then each time I regret selling it. For $36...I could not pass it up. I would imagine the offer is good until he runs out. He most likely made a bunch...then found the bug that won't allow to run on all machines.
Admin

jsrockit wrote:
A beta version of Nanoloop 1.3 is available for 30 euros shipped to the US... that is about $36 US. Not bad. It only works with gameboy color, GBA and GBA SP though...not the pocket or the original grey model...which may be a turn-off to some. I ordered one.

looking at the nanoloop page, i think you may have it backwards. the 1.3 cart is for the old and 2.0 is GBA and GBA SP...or at least thats what the pictures would leave me to believe: foto

edit: click on 'in stock'
Cappy
no,
it's not for OldGrey Gameboys.

-Bart
alright break it up boys!

you're BOTH right. the 1.3 cart is for all GB's and the 2.0 cart is for advance GB's only. however, the 1.3 cart will not work on the OGB; but it will work on the advances since they're backwards compatible.

now let me see you shake hands and apologize...

that's better.

now go to your rooms.
Admin
i smell luv from nano'land:

This beta version already has the full functionality of the upcoming version 1.3 but does not work with the old monochrome Game boy models DMG (the big grey one) and Game Boy pocket because of an error in the circuit design.

It only runs on Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Advance SP. Due to this limitation it costs less than half the price of the final version 1.3.
Game & Watch
^Thank you^

The bottom line is that it is dirt cheap. Anyone who likes the Sid should pick it up.
I'm thinking the 2.0. My wife got a DS. Worth a shot, sometime later.
Game & Watch
I didn't like 2.0 as much as 1.2. 1.2 is much fatter souding.
Go to top Post Reply