As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox [HOWTO] Monomachine electric piano - poly mode (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: [HOWTO] Monomachine electric piano - poly mode
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
[HOWTO] Monomachine electric piano - poly mode 14 Years, 8 Months ago
Why:
I needed a electric piano sound that I could play in poly mode on my mono. Since I couldn't find a howto about this I thought I'd share the fruit of my labor with you.

Machine:
FM+ Par

Sythesis page:
[1FRQ = 1] [1 ENV = 44] [2FRQ = 1] [2ENV = 0]
[3FRQ = 1] [3ENV = 0] [TONE = 98] [TUNE = 0]

Amplification page:

[ATK = 0] [HOLD = 4] [DEC= 55] [REL = 12]
[DIST = -24] [VOL = 127] [PAN = 0] [PORT = 0]

Effects page:
[EQF = 64] [EQG= 0] [SRR = 0] [DTIM = 16]
[DSND = 21] [DFB = 32] [DBAS = 0] [DWID = 127]

Filter, LFO 1, LFO 2 and LFO 3 page:
Use default values.

Level:
Max

Poly mode:
On

Know issues:
Problem: The volume on this patch is rather low as a result of trying to eliminate distortion when playing chords.
Fix: Turn up the master volume. Just remember to turn it back down when changing to another patch.

Problem: The sustain doesn't respond as naturally as I'd like given that I use the 'Hold' parameter to emulate it.
Fix: Tweak the 'Hold' parameter to taste while playing or use parameter locks with it.

Why I didn't add it to the wiki right away:
I was hoping that posting this here might inspire you to post the settings of your own (even better) electric piano patches. But if nobody does, and you do find this useful, feel free to copy and past my post into the wiki.

Take care and make lots of beautiful music!

Regards,
Ingrid
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tIB was here
Re:[HOWTO] Monomachine electric piano - poly mode 14 Years, 8 Months ago

will try later
Hammer Bro
Bátni wrote:

Problem: The sustain doesn't respond as naturally as I'd like given that I use the 'Hold' parameter to emulate it.
Fix: Tweak the 'Hold' parameter to taste while playing or use parameter locks with it.

same here don't know other way to fix that in a nice way..

haver you try with the digi pro ? i have some preset with a really great grain with this one. the fm can bring more expression nebertheless.
the double draw from the mkII, have some factory waveform really great for what you are looking for.

got a track on my virb in poly mode with the same machine (FM+Par) (switch on snow, i can look for the preset if you want.
Admin
tIB was here
Can you get sustain doing the same as you would on the MD, or does it not have the same effect?

From MD wiki: You can simulate hold/sustain phase using LFOs. Set your LFO to square and route it to Decay of your BD. Choose trigger mode Trig and put Depth to max. Now you have ‘Hold’ for your BD and can set its lenght by choosing right amount of speed for the Square-LFO
Hero of Winds
I thought this improved the sound a little bit:

Bring 3ENV back up to 64

In the Assign Track 1 menu, go to Velocity control and map it to AMP - DEC - 21
It gives you a bit more "feel" when playing it. You could also map the velocity to 3ENV to get that nice overtone kinda thing...
Go to top Post Reply