As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge considering buying a MD (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: considering buying a MD
Killer Beez
Re: considering buying a MD 18 Years, 4 Months ago
why is guest posting still allowed?

this "friend" has nothing nice to say about elektron on the elektron forum. its time we got rid of the guest posting once and for all. I thought it was going to be eliminated last spring...

I mean, does anyone here care about the Jomox box? We have discussed Jomox here before - they are boring machines that sound cool but are a one trick pony compared to the MD.

dah. its frustrating sometimes.
  The topic has been locked.
JOMOX RULES!!!!!!
milkmansnd wrote:

this "friend" has nothing nice to say about elektron on the elektron forum. its time we got rid of the guest posting once and for all. I thought it was going to be eliminated last spring...

I mean, does anyone here care about the Jomox box? We have discussed Jomox here before - they are boring machines that sound cool but are a one trick pony compared to the MD.

milkmansnd wrote:

I own the machinedrum, I wasn't knocking it. Just figured I'd mention the new Jomox.
Cappy
Girlfriend?
Hammer Bro

dosle wrote:
Just came back from the music store, the owner there basically told me to go the other way towards the mpc1000. He said the MD has been purchased through him more to people who have a lot of equipment and are after MD's unique sound. He also went on about how its pretty hard to make it not sound like a MD. I really don't want to believe him... but he has been sellign this stuff before i was even born haha. He made a good point, alot of the glitch audio i do is recorded to minidisc from normal everyday sounds, then smaples edited on the pc. It makes more sense then for me to move towards a sampling/triggering machine such as the mpc. And when the 2.0 OS comes out for it that will be even sweeter. I also think the two machines compliment each other and shouldn't be made direct competitors now that i got to spend some time using them and talking to the store owner (who owns them and tons more).

So, i am going to the mpc1k first, then once i master that its time for a MD.

thanks to everyone with input!

-matt

I think you'll be happy with your decision...I'd say your salesman was pretty accurate with his assessment....come back to the MD when you can, though...it's so fun and sounds so good.
i think this guy must work for Jomox or somethin'... 8-)

shit, i wasn't logged in, now i look like a friend!

yeah, let's drop the friend thing if possible
Boo
If registration is instant (as in you don't have to wait for some admin to accept you (yahoo style)) i don't don't see any problems with disabling FRIEND posts.

You could always keep the general discusion open for questions like "hi, i want to buy a machinedrum but can it do.......etc".
What's wrong with havin a friend around haha
Game & Watch

milkmansnd wrote:
eh, the Jomox stuff is fun, but its nowhere as diverse sounding as the MD with the UW, or even without it.

I like my Xbase for live tinkering - but when it comes down to it, the thing is boring compared to a MD. So they have added a few other instruments - big whoop. It still sounds like an 808/909, and thats all its ever gonna do. The MD can go there and back with half a kit - there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Does the Jomox bump more? That's what it comes down to... lol.
Killer Beez
the kick on the jomox bumps more than the MD kick, but only if you are using the MD kick out of the main outs. I lose it with the dynamix. If you route the MD kick to a seperate out then its about the same. The Jomox is just stripped down and fun - but it does not have the overall feel of the MD and not that awesome clock either.
Go to top Post Reply