As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox tabla/tambura/sitar samples? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: tabla/tambura/sitar samples?
Chain Chomp
tabla/tambura/sitar samples? 14 Years, 9 Months ago
has anyone got any good indian percussion samples or stringed instrument drones?

i wish to channel my guru
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:tabla/tambura/sitar samples? 14 Years, 9 Months ago
i just picked up the kore 'northern india' soundpack. i don't know if that's the exact name, but they only make one indian soundpack. it's not extensive in terms of sampled instruments, but will definitely help you get your guru on.

there's also motu's ethno, and east-west ra but that one is really expensive and out of print. east-west just cam out with a new one called silk which features instruments from china, india, and so on.

i have troubled myself extensively on this very point, and in the end, my extensive indian music collection and kore has provided most of my fix here. i still really want ethno, and may spring for a copy of silk or ra if i can still find it.

if you want to roll your own, zakir hussein is a good place to start for tabla, hariprasad chaurasia for bansuri, and some good old ravi shankar for sitar. this just scratches the surface, but can also give you all you'll need.
Chain Chomp
kirlian wrote:
i just picked up the kore 'northern india' soundpack. i don't know if that's the exact name, but they only make one indian soundpack. it's not extensive in terms of sampled instruments, but will definitely help you get your guru on.

there's also motu's ethno, and east-west ra but that one is really expensive and out of print. east-west just cam out with a new one called silk which features instruments from china, india, and so on.

i have troubled myself extensively on this very point, and in the end, my extensive indian music collection and kore has provided most of my fix here. i still really want ethno, and may spring for a copy of silk or ra if i can still find it.

if you want to roll your own, zakir hussein is a good place to start for tabla, hariprasad chaurasia for bansuri, and some good old ravi shankar for sitar. this just scratches the surface, but can also give you all you'll need.

thanks!

jared.vaneck wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYG2q8tLRck&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHCH1BO3hI&feature=related

AHHH man!!!!

yeah was interested in something like this but put off by the fact that it doesn't seem like you can program your own patterns (?)
Boo
here are a few kits that i got from the mpc-forums a few years ago plus a tabla kit that was up on the akai site when i first got my mpc1k long ago.

http://www.kissingteeth.com/music/indianperc.zip
Chain Chomp
reignbear wrote:
here are a few kits that i got from the mpc-forums a few years ago plus a tabla kit that was up on the akai site when i first got my mpc1k long ago.

these are awesome--thanks
Game & Watch
kirlian wrote:i have troubled myself extensively on this very point, and in the end, my extensive indian music collection and kore has provided most of my fix here. i still really want ethno, and may spring for a copy of silk or ra if i can still find it.

Not sure if you mean the Kontakt versions of Ra and Silk, in which case, yes, they are unavailable, but the EW Play versions of both are very much available. I use the Play versions of Ra and Silk and have MOTU's Ethno as well.
Boo
mome rath wrote:
reignbear wrote:

these are awesome--thanks

word. be sure to post up if you make something with them. i've really dug all the stuff that I've heard from you thus far!
Admin
polyslax wrote:
kirlian wrote:i have troubled myself extensively on this very point, and in the end, my extensive indian music collection and kore has provided most of my fix here. i still really want ethno, and may spring for a copy of silk or ra if i can still find it.

Not sure if you mean the Kontakt versions of Ra and Silk, in which case, yes, they are unavailable, but the EW Play versions of both are very much available. I use the Play versions of Ra and Silk and have MOTU's Ethno as well.

POLYSLAX:

of RA and ethno, which do you think is better overall considering quality, playability and value?

yeah, i guess i meant the kontakt version of RA. i didn't realize that there are multiple versions.

thanks!
Go to top Post Reply