As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000
Cappy
Re: Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000 18 Years, 4 Months ago
I had the privelege of molesting this thing at endmusiks studio last week. We got jacked up on caffeine and made it scream. This thing growls like nothing else. I don't know if I can honestly say it'll do everything you want it too or if it's worth the bucks - but nothing sounds (or ever will sound) like it. This thing is mean and angry!!
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
I had the privelege of molesting this thing at endmusiks studio last week. We got jacked up on caffeine and made it scream. This thing growls like nothing else. I don't know if I can honestly say it'll do everything you want it too or if it's worth the bucks - but nothing sounds (or ever will sound) like it. This thing is mean and angry!!
Game & Watch

5inusoid wrote:

I just can't bring myself to buy it for the cash...though I cannot fault anyone for buying it... it is nice.
it's a niche product, that's for sure

but oh what a niche it fills, right d?

ok, I just got 22 more spaces of .com modular I gotta get racked up.... busy busy busy! and only 9 shopping days till NAMM!
Game & Watch
I have kicked a bunch of stuff off my want list in hopes of new stuff at Namm.
Cappy

endmusik wrote:

And it fills that niche HARD!
With no lube!
Game & Watch

5inusoid wrote:

endmusik wrote:

And it fills that niche HARD!
With no lube!

I think you may be thinking of the butt probe.
cross post here from some other sordid corners of the internet -

The Wretch Machine is now shipped off to California for NAMM, and I'll be out there too to take in the sights!

I've done two pieces with it. All sounds from the S1000, except raw drumloops which were run through the filter and waveshaper portions of the synth.

Direct links:

http://thewretch.com/s1000songs/S1000_Track1.mp3

http://thewretch.com/s1000songs/S1000_Track2.mp3

Enjoy! And if you're at NAMM, I'll be floating around the Metasonix booths at both Analogue Haven and Big City Music.

oh, and WATCH YOUR SPEAKERS
Hammer Bro
Endmusik, I see you have nailed that elusive "Walrus giving birth to the spawn of Satan" sound...good work.

Personally, I don't quite comprehend or appreciate the massive distortion fetish that is Metasonix...Especially not for the price :-?

ggoodwin wrote:
Endmusik, I see you have nailed that elusive "Walrus giving birth to the spawn of Satan" sound...good work.

Personally, I don't quite comprehend or appreciate the massive distortion fetish that is Metasonix...Especially not for the price :-?

That's certainly cool - like I said, it's not for everyone (and I don't mean that in the "you're not cool enough to understand" way, more the "I can definitely understand why people aren't turned on by it" way)

It's not an all-day, every-day kind of device, it fills a niche in my studio for sure, but your mileage may vary :-D

As for the "Walrus giving birth to the spawn of Satan" description - can I use that? That's more accurate than I could ever describe!
Go to top Post Reply