As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000
Boo
Live PA forum 19 Years, 2 Months ago
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Live PA forum 19 Years, 2 Months ago
It's good to see it back online. It's a good site.
Killer Beez
wow - is that place cursed or what? Its nice to have it back though!
Boo
it's ironic that we would discuss religeous backing up of music data on LivePA.org forums, when the very website we used as a portal of discussion was the one that needed the backup most of all... anyways, not meaning to beat a dead horse, but hopefully there have been lessons learned.

FWIW, I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum (heh)... meant to put it in the Lounge.
Boo
I'm having issues connecting to it tonight. Anybody else have better fortunes?

BTW, happy Easter to anybody out there that celebrates it.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Maybe Brownboy should switch providers. We could probably host it here.
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000 18 Years, 6 Months ago
(Apologies if this has already been posted up.)

Have a look at this:

http://www.gearjunkies.com/news_info.php?news_id=963

Mmmm... tubes...
Game & Watch
Re: Metasonix Tube Synth S-1000 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I haven't seen it posted here...looks nice but will cost too much for me.
Killer Beez
hmmm... wonder why its still in the prototype phase? Is it because they are using tubes as VCO's??? I mean seriously - how can you even pretend to get that thing stable when the tube heats up and cools down such as they do?

complete waste of money in my opinion. Sorry to doodoo on the parade, but come on folks! What is there about tubes that the already designed transistor and IC based analogs can't already do? And if you say warm I will yell out loud. Tubes do NOT generate this so called "warmth" the companies know that and they are just playing off the suckas that think that.

is a Jupiter 8 not warm? Are there tubes in there? What about a minimog filter? Thats push pull transistor design folks - not a tube in sight.

but, spend your money on whatever you like!

milkmansnd wrote:
hmmm... wonder why its still in the prototype phase? Is it because they are using tubes as VCO's??? I mean seriously - how can you even pretend to get that thing stable when the tube heats up and cools down such as they do?

complete waste of money in my opinion. Sorry to doodoo on the parade, but come on folks! What is there about tubes that the already designed transistor and IC based analogs can't already do? And if you say warm I will yell out loud. Tubes do NOT generate this so called "warmth" the companies know that and they are just playing off the suckas that think that.

is a Jupiter 8 not warm? Are there tubes in there? What about a minimog filter? Thats push pull transistor design folks - not a tube in sight.

but, spend your money on whatever you like!

Metasonix isn't going for the warm tube sound...they are just crazy...that's all...making weird stuff. check out there other stuff at www.metasonix.com ...I guess you either love this stuff or hate it.
Go to top Post Reply