As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Seller's Regret? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Seller's Regret?
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
Seller's Regret? 18 Years, 5 Months ago
(I didn't know whether to put this in this bit or the Other Gear bit.)

What music gear have you sold that you now miss and cry about at night?

Mine is a huge list but I'll narrow it down to:

Yamaha B-35 (sold to buy my first guitar amp)
TR606
TB303
Waldorf XT (I still feel like a traitor for selling my orange beauty)
Nord Rack (still miss the morphing...)

...and last, my O2R. I *know* I wouldn't really use it now since all my gear is patched through Logic but... I still miss it! I loved the little happy battery face that came up when you checked the charge level.

Why do I get so attached to machines? Now I feel the same way about my Monomachine.

So, what do you miss?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re: Seller's Regret? 18 Years, 5 Months ago
MPC2000, Yamaha CS01, Roland MC-202, Technosaurus Microcon and Roland TR-606.

I'm going to buy an MPC1000 soon and also rebuy the CS01.
Killer Beez
oh man, I miss everything I have sold recently:

Juno 106
Arp Axxe
Roland SP808
Studio Electronics SE-1
DSI Evolver

the list goes on - and so does the music. I sold a lot of that gear cause I just do not need the huge aresenal to get music done. But that does not mean I am cold hearted - I miss my old gear!!!
Boo
Clavia Nord Modular G2.

I bought it second hand about 7 months ago. Sold it after 3 weeks to be able to buy a Machinedrum.

Then i upgraded to MD UW and now i sold my Virus C to get a G2 again. The G2 kicks the Virus around for the type of music i make (techno / Drum and Bass / Acid).

Haven't had any doubt about the sale of my Virus C btw. Not yet at least. Don't think i will though...don't miss it at all.

My little wanted list:

1 of these:

- Sherman Filterbank 2
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
But that does not mean I am cold hearted - I miss my old gear!!!

You see, I try to be rational. Most of my work is based around Logic Pro. It's a nice little program (I especially like the way you can choose alternate tunings per song). So, I shouldn't need much more than Logic and my Powerbook. So,
I had a phase of selling as much old gear as possible, at stupid prices, trying to "rationalise" my setup.

...But when I *play* the Monomachine or my old analogue gear, there's just something about them that I find so inspiring. Much more than mousing around softsynths, however cool.

And I miss the gear I sold a lot. Time to buy it again, I guess!
Killer Beez
yeah - what gets me is that they all sound so unique. I heard some music the other day and something reminded me of the axxe's filter, and I was like "I need to get another one"

luckily, they are cheap and broken ones are easy to find. Some day I will get another one and fix it up!
MPC 2000. Actually I don't miss it that much. I just wish after I sold it I still had the money to get the newer 1000 or 2500. I'm obsessed over them now. I'm getting sick of the Machinedrum's sequencer. I may regret selling the MD to get an MPC.
Game & Watch

So,
I had a phase of selling as much old gear as possible, at stupid prices, trying to "rationalise" my setup.

...But when I *play* the Monomachine or my old analogue gear, there's just something about them that I find so inspiring. Much more than mousing around softsynths, however cool.

yep, same here... software works and you can make great stuff with it and is easier to deal with...but hardware makes it funner.
I miss my little korg es-1 (wipes tear from corner of eye)
it was such a cute little green plastic thingie..

and the warmish slightly distorted tone actually sounded really good beside the machinedrum.

and the global delay was such an easy tweak/guilty pleasure
Boo
My major regret was trading the AN1x towards the Nord Lead and runner-up is RM1x towards Logic 4 Platinum (PC). The reason the latter was a bad decision is because I should have gone with Sonar instead, and also because I've bought other hardware sequencers... a bunch of them actually... to cover what I used to do with the RM1x... which was power-on and jam right away.
Go to top Post Reply