As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Hello and Gigging the Monomachine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Hello and Gigging the Monomachine
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
Hello and Gigging the Monomachine 18 Years, 5 Months ago
Firstly, hello everyone! I'm a newbie on here.

Secondly, I played live in Gothenburg at the end of October (I'm from the UK) and used my Monomachine as the backbone for half the set. My music is indie / synthpop and I'm a little obsessive about rhythmic feel.

Well, the Mono came through! Before I went over, I programmed the songs on some other keyboard sequencers and only the Mono had the same timing and feel of my 808 + Rogue. Live, it was a joy to play!

Here's a pic. I'm the big, fat Indian bloke on the left. :-D

love and kisses,
Jyoti

www.whitetown.co.uk
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re: Hello and Gigging the Monomachine 18 Years, 5 Months ago
holy shit! you're the "i could never be your woman" guy!! erm, i think the song is "your woman."

welcome!

=)

-M
Boo
Err... yep, that's me! 8-)
Ta very much for the welcome!

Doing the gig made me dig deep into Monomachine programming. It's just got such an incredible feel to it... I try to explain to non-musicians but they don't get it. It's just solid and funky.

And putting all those chords in, lock by lock, helped me brush up my music theory too! :-D
Hammer Bro
Hello, have you got any music online? I wanna hear...
Goomba
Hi Joyti!

I was the guy who came and talked to you about the Monomachine at the gig, great to see you here

/Josef
hey jyoti,

welcome! great that you are so enthusiastic about
the MnM..

loved "your woman" on "abort, retry, fail?_" i actually
got the original!

love the 30 second sample of theme for a violent videogame aswell.. dont suppose i can hear the song in full (its not that easy to get your cd's, ive tried..)

i wish you all the luck with your MnM, and hope to hear it in some of your songs soon!
Boo
Hey everyone!

ggoodwin: I've got clips from my last album on the White Town website. But bear in mind a lot of it isn't obviously "electronic" music (even though it all is). I'm going to stick some more full songs up soon but I'm right in the middle of programming a particularly tricky chord sequence into the Mono... my eyes are bleeding!

jotsif: Hej! It was cool chatting to you at the gig. Could you tell how nervous I was doing live pattern-switching on the Mono? :-D
I was so pleased there was an Elektron fan there - I'd been trudging round Gothenburg trying to find some Elektron gear, as I told you. Now I realise I should have gone to Jam G?teborg!

Friend: I think EMI own the copyright for that tune so I'm not allowed to stick it up for download, I'll have a check.

As for the Monomachine... don't worry, it's rapidly making the rest of my gear redundant!

And now I've got my eyes on a sampling Machinedrum... :-o

Jyoti wrote:

jotsif: Hej! It was cool chatting to you at the gig. Could you tell how nervous I was doing live pattern-switching on the Mono? :-D
I was so pleased there was an Elektron fan there - I'd been trudging round Gothenburg trying to find some Elektron gear, as I told you. Now I realise I should have gone to Jam G?teborg!

No, I couldnt tell how nervous you was, I was busy having a good time

Yeah, Jam is kind of the official reseller here.

Edit: That was me forgetting to log in, /jotsif
Cappy
jey jyoti,

ah those pesty copyright thingies.. thats probably one of the few advantages of having no strings attached to a label..

as for the MDUW (the sampling machinedrum) it rox my fscking sox.. its absolutely amazing.. but hey.. its elektron we are talking about
Boo

Friend wrote:
Yeah, Jam is kind of the official reseller here.

Edit: That was me forgetting to log in, /jotsif

Like an idiot, I wandered round Gothenburg trying to find somewhere that sold Elektron stuff. I did find a huge music shop, I think it was near Domkyrkan but they hadn't even heard of Elektron! Gah!

On the plus side, I bought a Nord Electro softcase there that fits my Mono pretty well. :-D
Go to top Post Reply