As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Anyone use the Metasonix stuff? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Anyone use the Metasonix stuff?
Re: Anyone use the Metasonix stuff? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
The video work isn't anything too fancy - I've done some filming of, well, "landscape" type stuff (both city and country) and I'm going to be working with those, post processing them as series of still images in photoshop (batchprocessing is your friend!) and a bit of work in After Effects - I've been getting lessons in it from a buddy that does video post.

Basically, abstract video/scapes forming an ambient backdrop - don't really have it worked up yet, and probably won't have it ready in time for my next gig (dec. 1st) but I'll be sure to post snippets up as soon as it's complete
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Sweet, that's along the lines of what I would like to do, as well. I am using Motion, however, rather than AE.

My wife has a great collection of stills she has taken. Do you have any thoughts on creation a minimal amount of movement or animation in them? I was considering applying a very light "Ken Burns Effect" and somehow looping the movie. Then I was hoping to create a 4up panel of these things, with some kind of interesting effect overall.

Have you checked out the Vidvox stuff for the actual performance? I want to drive the video from my MPC. Just simple stuff, fading between movies on pattern or song switches.

/Scott
Game & Watch
endmusik, do you use the metasonix stuff live?

glaive wrote:
Sweet, that's along the lines of what I would like to do, as well. I am using Motion, however, rather than AE.

My wife has a great collection of stills she has taken. Do you have any thoughts on creation a minimal amount of movement or animation in them? I was considering applying a very light "Ken Burns Effect" and somehow looping the movie. Then I was hoping to create a 4up panel of these things, with some kind of interesting effect overall.

Have you checked out the Vidvox stuff for the actual performance? I want to drive the video from my MPC. Just simple stuff, fading between movies on pattern or song switches.

/Scott

I've been experimenting with the subtle movement between stills myself - mostly by shooting alot of them in series and working them up in photoshop to get some interesting effects. Also - transparancy is your friend! Layer multiple things over each other, move them independantly, and adjust the transparancy, and the textures magiacally make themselves appear

I haven't checked out Vidvox - will do so now! I'm mostly planning on doing a 40 minute video or so that can work for a whole performance - any coincidence between video and audio can be interpreted by the audience that way. For the last couple of sets I've done with the NYConduit group, we've had a dedicated VJ, so the video for me will most likely be in the event he can't turn out, or if he wants extra material during my set to work with.
jsrockit wrote:
endmusik, do you use the metasonix stuff live?

for my live PA sets, not yet - though I do with a band I do keyboards for - I, Parasite -

Thats from a show in May - I use a roland SH-09, running through the TM-1 as my lead axe.

Also - I may be doing some live shows in the NY area with an experimental label, which will more than likely be guitar and metasonix gear mainly
Game & Watch

endmusik wrote:

for my live PA sets, not yet - though I do with a band I do keyboards for - I, Parasite -

Thats from a show in May - I use a roland SH-09, running through the TM-1 as my lead axe.

Also - I may be doing some live shows in the NY area with an experimental label, which will more than likely be guitar and metasonix gear mainly

Cool, I was thinking of getting a Yamaha CS-01 after I get the TM-1... so that is kind of a similar set-up...though yours has full size keys. I can't play much anyway. I'll just do some noise freak outs with it and sample what I need.

jsrockit wrote:

endmusik wrote:

Cool, I was thinking of getting a Yamaha CS-01 after I get the TM-1... so that is kind of a similar set-up...though yours has full size keys. I can't play much anyway. I'll just do some noise freak outs with it and sample what I need.

definitely! There's alot to be said for frankensynth style modulars done with cheap old monosynths and pedals.

the CS-01 will definitely do the trick - Yamaha's early analog monosynths are alot of fun, I have a CS-15 which is freaking amazing, but unfortunately it's in need of some repairs to get up to full health.

Another effect to look for that's always alot of fun - old rackmount spring reverb units. I bought my CS-15 from a friend as well as a Furman spring tank, that whole weekend was lost to the S+H on the CS running through the spring reverb - here's a taste of just those two:

(warning: long track) http://thewretch.com/audio/Wretch_VacantSpaces_1.mp3
Game & Watch
Yes, I am interested in spring reverbs as well as tape echos... but need a few more things first/.
Game & Watch
Ordered the Metasonix TM-1 from Analogue Haven today...should be cool.

jsrockit wrote:
Ordered the Metasonix TM-1 from Analogue Haven today...should be cool.

awesome! congratulations! feel free to drop me any questions if you want some tips
Game & Watch
Have you run your Elektron stuff through it at all?
Go to top Post Reply