As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Anyone use the Metasonix stuff? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Anyone use the Metasonix stuff?
Game & Watch
Anyone use the Metasonix stuff? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
Well, I know at least one person does... but any others? If so, what are you using them for and in what combo? I'm really interested in these.
  The topic has been locked.
Re: Anyone use the Metasonix stuff? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I just posted this over on Harmony Central - some new audio demos and such for the Agonizer and Butt probe

ok, here's some demos for ya

1. Future Retro Revolution through the Agonizer - first 8 bars are just the original program, then the Agonizer comes on. I'm manipulating the 4 knobs throughout, and when you hear the bass cut out, that's the "suckbass" switch getting thrown. I'm also using a Moogerfooger CP-251 to shoot an LFO to the CV in, which I'm speeding up and slowing down at times.

http://endmusik.com/metasonixdemos/AgonizerDemo1.mp3

2. Future Retro Revolution through the Butt Probe - no preliminary 8 bars, just some random noiseburst from the Probe till it gets signal. I'm manipulating the 4 knobs here as well, plus sending an LFO from the CP-251 to the "Screw" control.

http://endmusik.com/metasonixdemos/ButtProbeDemo1.mp3

3. Agonizer to Butt Probe, for half of it the only signal is the LFO from the CP-251 triggering both the Agonizer and Butt Probe. Later on I add the Sample and Hold to the CV in on the probe, as well as the noise output to the agonizer. Otherwise, it's just the two of them talking to each other

http://endmusik.com/metasonixdemos/AgonizedButtProbe.mp3

The thing to note about the butt probe - It likes complex waveforms the best in my experience, so the single square wave from the Revolution doesn't produce the same harmonic content as some other potential inputs would. I've been using it mainly as a guitar pedal TBH - it's knocked out all of my other distortion pedals for tracking. Here's a stupid simple demo of the probe multitracked over some loops from Stylus - the only other effects are some compression and EQ.

http://thewretch.com/audio/WR_ButtProbe.mp3

/michael
Game & Watch
Good lord... Thanks for those demos. I like the agonizer...but it is gone at this point. I can only hope to find on on ebay at a later date. I'm gonna go for the TM-1 and TM-2 to start with. How is the CP-251?

jsrockit wrote:
Good lord... Thanks for those demos. I like the agonizer...but it is gone at this point. I can only hope to find on on ebay at a later date. I'm gonna go for the TM-1 and TM-2 to start with. How is the CP-251?

The CP-251 is awesome for what it is - an LFO/Noise/S+H generator with a built in multiple Great for driving the CV in's of the metasonix pedals, as well as other analog boards. I picked it up used for a good price, and it's great as I'll be using it alongside a synthesizers.com system in the coming months (waiting for it to be built) - so I won't need to sacrifice one of my two oscillators for an LFO
I was working on a patch today, with the CP-251 controlling the TM-1 and a moog lowpass, all being fed by an SH-101 -

http://endmusik.com/video/Mweeks_CP251_TM1.mov

my roomate lending me his video camera is turning into a bit of a problem
Game & Watch
ill. I'm thinking of picking up the TM-1 and the MF-102 next month to start with. You have some dope equipment.
Game & Watch
Got any other movies?
nah, nothing else really. I have the camera because I'm working on some backing videos for live performance, so it was right next to me and I said "hey, let's film the blinking lights" :-D

Though doing more gear videos is certainly a possibility!
Game & Watch
I'm interested in more metasonix videos...and I'm sure they'd go over well at the metasonix site... maybe they'd want some.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Michael -

Could you tell us a little more about your video work? I'm getting into that, too.

/Scott
Go to top Post Reply