As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:i love this forum (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:i love this forum
Admin
Re:i love this forum 15 Years ago
howdragonsdisappear wrote:
i generally download tracks when i've got a direct link, then listen it at home, if there's no mp3 and if the mp3 doesn't have your nick in the filename i don't comment ! not looking at all for genre

same. if I can't download the file as an mp3, I usually don't listen. I do most of my music listening on my ipod. If I'm at home near the computer, I'm usually making noises, not listening to them. There are, of course, exceptions.
  The topic has been locked.
papertiger wrote:
howdragonsdisappear wrote:
i generally download tracks when i've got a direct link, then listen it at home, if there's no mp3 and if the mp3 doesn't have your nick in the filename i don't comment ! not looking at all for genre

same. if I can't download the file as an mp3, I usually don't listen. I do most of my music listening on my ipod. If I'm at home near the computer, I'm usually making noises, not listening to them. There are, of course, exceptions.

hm, i posted a direct link to a .zip file including the tracks.

but maybe PT is right. We are all musicians here, and maybe too busy creating our own music to listen to other works constantly. I know that I'm guilty of this. So, all good probably
Admin
i'm hoping in the next iteration of the site to be more accommodating to users and their music. built-in personal pages and music players. somewhat similar to em411 but hopefully done a bit better.

i know for myself, getting around to actually hearing all the music around here is almost impossible. i try to get it all but there really no way. hopefully the E-U radio player will be automatically tied to file uploads in the next version, so i can just keep the E-U radio streaming to check all the user submitted tracks.

we'll see. i have to be careful wanting too many updates for the site, as that is more work i have to do
Game & Watch
I think this is one case that deserves that back-slapping. Actuel puts in a lot of work here and tries to help out whomever he can. You can't diss that.
MCL
Boo
+1 on that - I don't comment much here - but i lurk a lot

Props to Actuel on a very good site (sorry for the intentional backslap there though!)
Hero of Winds
Yep, the whole admin and mod team are great, especially Ryan, for all the work they put in here. Thank you!!!
Admin
i really appreciate it everyone but no more, all the kindness is making me uncomfortable. so thank you all in return. you guys are what make this place great.

from the curmudgeons to fanboys, i am happy to be of service to you all. while you guys are being really kind, i can rather embarrassingly admit i've acted like a child a few times around here.

yep, great forum, nice people, weather is beautiful, and everything is ok.. :big silence:
Admin
tIB was here
Can we turn this into a GAS thread?

Ive been thinking about getting one of these for when Im travelling;

http://bp1.blogger.com/_Y46_MXekUiw/R4XlzcGparI/AAAAAAAAAEg/RhXfbRcqUVo/s1600-h/normal_Piano_Bike.jpg

EDIT: Sorry, couldn't get it to embed...
mvmono wrote:
What I found with posting music on forums in general was that it did always seem to be either backslapping or lacking in penetration or lacking completely. I guess what I like about coming here is that I use Elektron gear and I appreciate the things I hear and learn from other users and Elektron lovers.

theese are my thoughts on this forum as well. I'm here to learn things one does not learn simply by reading the manual and playing around with your gear. Thing with backslapping here is that because we all use iether a Mono or a Machinedrum, it's very easy to just go "great work with your elektron gear there" rather than comment on the music itself. My first three or four posts in the music-forum was gently ignored, while the "regulars" got 10-15 replies per track, making it easy to see that there is a great deal of "I love your music but you know it now come comment on mine" mentality. I also discovered that once I got a decent amount of posts, the feedback started slowly to appear...

I aim to make music that people can like and listen to, and the trend is the same everywhere: here I get feedback based on the MnM-sounds, on korg forums people say "great use of the ESX/kp3", and I'm sure a dedicated Acidlab/303 forum would focus almost entirely on the acid lines. That's why this is the place I go to read up and learn more about my Monomachine, while VSE is a more neutral forum since it covers any brand, softsynths and whatnot, so the focus becomes on the music, not the gear used, so it's a better place to get actual constructive critisism/fedback that actually help one make the music better.

That said, I like being here, and I learn a lot since there are many users with lots of insight to the gear we use
Go to top Post Reply