As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear What are your top five vintage synths, drum machines, or samplers of all time? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: What are your top five vintage synths, drum machines, or samplers of all time?
Game & Watch
What are your top five vintage synths, drum machines, or samplers of all time? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
You don't have to own them... and price is no object. What old gear do you lust after most...or cannot let go of. Let's put a 10 year limit on it... so everything has to be before 1995.

1. E-Mu SP-1200
2. Akai MPC-60 MKII
3. Roland TR-808
4. Akai MPC3000
5. Moog MiniMoog
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re: What are your top five vintage synths, drum machines, or samplers of all time? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
Roland TB303
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland 909
Moog Memorymoog
Akai MPC-2000

Oberheim Matrix 12
ARP 26000
Moog Moog 55
Oberheim 8 voice
Sequential Circuts Prophet 10
Game & Watch
Re: What are your top five vintage synths, drum machines, or samplers of all time? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I have to add 6 and 7:

Roland TB-303
EMS VCS3
Killer Beez
I am too young to answer that - give me some more time, and I will be able to have more experience with more and more synths, and I will post a list.
I don't think anyone's paying attention to the time limit set by the original poster... 10 years? not even 20 will get you a tr-808! unless you're paying attention to only the period of time that you've owned them and not their relative vintage status (i.e. time of creation).

but since everyone else's ignoring it, so will I. my lust list:
- Ensoniq Fizmo
- Roland SH7
- OSCar
- Waldorf Wave
- Wiard Modular
I think he meant that it must be AT LEAST 10 years old...

personally, I don't have any experience with anything vintage. The oldest piece of gear I've owned was probably...a nord modular! So I must abstain.
Game & Watch
Yes, I meant they must be at least 10 years old. Also, you do not need to have experience with the machines...just a lust for them. I have never owned any of the machines in my list...yet, I know I would love to. It is only a question...it ain't no thang.
Hammer Bro
in that case, probably:

minimoog
tr808
hammond b3
mos6581
moog modular
King Koopa
NoiseLab56309
MySpace
DSP Rules!!!
Kyma sound design workstation

SynLab analog modular

PPG Wave 2.3 + Waveterm B wavetable + sampling

Sequencial Prophet 3000 sampler

Simmons SDS-3 drum module
Game & Watch
^^^^ Man, you must have alot of room.
Go to top Post Reply