As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company.
Game & Watch
Re:Stylish OP-1 From Another Swedish company. 15 Years, 1 Month ago
ignatius wrote:
chiasticon wrote:
"

i mean...what? so it's a controller, has eight built in synths, samplers and effects as well as an fm radio, a built-in speaker (that you should whistle into!) and the ability to record, convert to mp3 and send email. not to mention the "magical sequencer." really?

maybe they should have waited until tomorrow to announce it?

The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
futureimage wrote:
TOMORROW'S DATE. WHAT IS IT?

If NOT, then holy f**k!!!

A modern VL-1
future: tomorrow = april fools.

i'm not convinced either way yet is all; but that paragraph cast a serious shadow of doubt.
Boo
chiasticon wrote:
future: tomorrow = april fools.

i'm not convinced either way yet is all; but that paragraph cast a serious shadow of doubt.

I'm going to contest this, my friends. I think it is real. That feature set would be perfect for a portable music toy, exactly in the style of the original Teenage Audio concept. Except now the technology is available to do it. It's basically like a stripped down "best of" Elektron machine with some mp3 field-recorder gubbins in the mix. I'm pretty sure the FM radio is trivial stuff. I think the specs are well within the possible for a late 2009 device. If they can get this right, I think they could sell a lot of these.
Goomba
...didn't Apple released their first computer on April 1? (back in 76') (I'm shure Acne - who owns Elektron - doesn't mind getting some inspiration from woz & jobs... )
Admin
it's real folks. now if they get funding or it gets manufactured is a whole other mess. its not hoax though. talked to some ELektron peeps that know Jesper.
I would fund the development of this in the same way I have with the Minicommand.
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
Allerian wrote:
I would fund the development of this in the same way I have with the Minicommand.

+1 for that!
GYS
Game & Watch
Do dumb shit with glow sticks.
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
Hey, what's with all the poo poo'ing on the FM receiver? Some of my best samples have come from shortwave radio routed thru various efx!

For my live sets, I used to route the shortwave thru an ER-1 and create rhythmic backdrops to the music. Add some serious reverb and space echo to that and I was in deep dubby atmospheric bliss! Perfect foundation for deep techno.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
avart wrote:

(I'm shure Acne - who owns Elektron - doesn't mind getting some inspiration from woz & jobs... )

Acne?
As in Acne, the swedish Jeans/Fashion/Clothing company?!
Go to top Post Reply