As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear What is your next synth purchase? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: What is your next synth purchase?
Game & Watch
Re: What is your next synth purchase? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I would definitely buy a MS-20 for a good price. Any day. No doubt.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
3) Akai MPC1000
1) Dave Smith Evolver
5) Metasonix TM-1
4) Elektron Sidstation
2) Future Retro Revolution
Hammer Bro
mpc 1000
another x0xb0x kit, hopefully.
well, my next purchases are already laid out for the next 6 months:

synthesizer.com modular - should be here in a few weeks, a nice fully stocked 22 space portable cabinet

plus I'm seriously thinking about getting an MPC1000 - for live use alongside the MNM and MD. I'm sick of the freaking laptop.....
Game & Watch
Re: What is your next synth purchase? 18 Years, 5 Months ago
Soon:

Akai MPC1000
Yamaha CS01
Metasonix TM-1

Later:

DSI Evolver
Moog MF-102
Frostwave Sonic Alienator
Sidtstation
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com

plus I'm seriously thinking about getting an MPC1000 - for live use alongside the MNM and MD. I'm sick of the freaking laptop.....

Are you planning on cutting the stuff you have in Live into chunks that MPC1000 can play back?

glaive wrote:

Are you planning on cutting the stuff you have in Live into chunks that MPC1000 can play back?

Well, partly that, and also building some custom drumkits to use in the MPC so between the MNM and the MPC1K I'll set up sequences and use the track mutes on both to build live arrangements
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Sounds cool. I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

I'm finding that improvising arrangments can be inordinately stressful. Sometimes, it's effortless, and the set flows like quicksilver through a glass harmonica. Other times, however, I feel like I'm trapped in amber, and every move I make is thwarted.

I'm planning on arranging my stuff such that if I'm having an off night, the show will go on without me intruding too much. That being said, the song mode on the Mono invites improvisation, since it contains flexible loop points.

/Scott
well, I had meant to spend a good chunk of the holiday working on my MPC set, but that didn't happen This week will be chaotic - moving parts of my old live set over to the MPC, so it'll be a crash course! I try to prepare sections of the set in advance, so I have a bit of a timeline to follow, but I always leave room for improv. With the mpc it may be a bit easier to do that, not sure yet - I guess I'll just have to practice a bunch before this thursday!

As for next synth plans - I just got an SH-101 a week ago, even though I had told myself no more monosynths till the modular....

I'm out of room!
Cappy

jsrockit wrote:
3) Akai MPC1000

Yo Yoshimi,you've been hanging around MPC-forums and you haven't bought a 1K yet?

Well don't worry, with all these cats whining about waiting for OS 2 - you could probably get one of em to sell you theirs cheap.
Go to top Post Reply