As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear What is your next synth purchase? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: What is your next synth purchase?
Game & Watch
Re: What is your next synth purchase? 18 Years, 7 Months ago
1. DSI Evolver
2. Sidstation
3. Future Retro revolution

but I can't seem to figure out the which one I want most. Also, I want to pick up an M-Audio trigger finger first.

Which of the three above would you purchase first keeping in mind that I have a Monomachine and a MachineDrum?

I like the sidstation because it is noisier than the sid in MM. I like the Evolver because it is different. I like the Revolution because I've always wanted a TB-303 and it can sequence / link to anything (midi, DIN, and CV)...which is extremely helpful.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba

actuel wrote:
i'd love to get a DSI Evolver but i think i'm gonna hold on that purchase for a while and save for the MPC2500. :-D

i'm still in awe of the UW upgrade i just got...w00t

peace
actuel

Same here for the 2500. But did you hear about MPC1000's a) OS 2.0 and b) third party OS?

- just sold my 1k..
- bought SFX6
- bought x0xb0x

:-D

piis,
m.
Killer Beez
no - tell us more!
Admin
soon to be released (within weeks...and free) MPC1k ver. 2.0 update:

ok, to start it off,

-FULL USE OF HARD DRIVE
-TESTED AND CONFIRMED SUPPORT FOR UP TO 80gb HARD DISK
-TIMESTRETCH with pre sets(much faster than the XL)
-PITCH SHIFT with pre sets
-ZONING (upto 64 slices all editable..choppychop
-INPUT THRU (nice!!!)
-AUDITION BEFORE ASSIGN (bought time!)
-MIXER AUTOMATION via Q-LINK SLIDERS (recordable mutes etc)
-IN TRIM MODE, ADJUSTING SAMPLE'S START AND END POINT USING Q-LINK
-DELAY
-REVERSE
-PATCH PHRASE
-LFO
-Filter Envelope
-Individual track Velocity control (like the the 60k, 2k, 3k)

and much more....

there's more about it over at www.mpc-forums.com

but I can't seem to figure out the which one I want most. Also, I want to pick up an M-Audio trigger finger first.

yep yep, that's a bad sign .

I had the same dilemma (trilemma?) with xbase, evolver, and revo. Now I realize... I won't be happy until I have all 3. And that's gonna take awhile.

Life is hard .

ps. I chose the evolver first, and it was definitely a good choice because there is so much to tweak and explore that I certainly couldn't claim I'm _bored_ with it.... its just pure unjustified lust for the other things.
Goomba
the new os for the 1k sounds awesome! i'm sorta kicking myself now for getting the 2500 'cause most of the features i wanted in the 2500 are now in the 1k. the only difference between them now are 1. physical size 2. physical differenes: two additional q-link knobs, a number pad, and bigger pads and you can put an optional cd drive in the 2500 (for like $300 more or something sick like that...). 3. 2500 has chop shop. 4. 2500 has grid edit. the 2500 may have more effects but i haven't seen the new 2.0 list and...i don't really care 'cause they suck anyway... so, you can get a used mpc1k for like $600 OR you can pay $2000 (like me) for a brand new 2500 and get not much more. oh well...

akai is a weird-ass company sometimes...

MPC 1000 around $900
MPC 2000xl around $1600 (probably soon to die)
MPC 2500 around $2000
MPC 4000 around $2800 (probably to be replaced in a year)

what i don't get is the $1100 price difference between the 1k and the 2.5k just based on available features (once the new 1k OS is out with all the features people are talking about)

#!/zach
The most recent thing I've bought (waiting for delivery) is the Yamaha DX200, as I personally love the FM sound. I have an FS1R, but even with the editor software it's a bit of a beast to program.

I think the fact the DX has a built in sequencer should help to get those riffs going...
Goomba
^^^^^

...and that's me forgetting to sign in again...

Friend wrote:

yep yep, that's a bad sign .

I had the same dilemma (trilemma?) with xbase, evolver, and revo. Now I realize... I won't be happy until I have all 3. And that's gonna take awhile.

Life is hard .

ps. I chose the evolver first, and it was definitely a good choice because there is so much to tweak and explore that I certainly couldn't claim I'm _bored_ with it.... its just pure unjustified lust for the other things.

I believe I'm gonna go in this order:

1) evolver 2) sid 3) Revolution ...but I could buy the sid first. The rev will def be last.
Wow, the MPC1000 sounds alot better after the OS update.
Go to top Post Reply