As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Something New (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Something New
Killer Beez
Something New 18 Years, 6 Months ago
This is the first thing I produced since I moved to NYC! Its just a quickie remix of a Frank Sinatra song for a fashion show in LA next weekend. They wanted something along the lines of "Verve Remixed" so I turned to my MD and said "do it". There is really not much to it - some bass of the Virus, an arpeggio from the Virus, the vocals and the rest comes from the MD. 4 tracks easy peasy

http://milkmansound.com/audio/wereinlove.mp3

comments welcome - I still have time to revise it once or twice before its due.
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Something New 18 Years, 6 Months ago
typical high quality stuff from the milk...I guess I'm not totally crazy about the classic vocal layed on top, but that's probably exactly what your client had in mind...and the production quality is top....

hey man, how did you get a gig like that?? years of hard work and worming your way into the industry, or just blind luck?
Cappy
Filter on the vocal during the break down... ?!
Killer Beez
dumb luck. I did an entire show with them last season - but this time they only comissioned one track. Hey, whatever it takes!

Yes, this style is exactly what they wanted - just some classic vocal with a remixy thing behind it.

Finite - I actually filtered the hell out of some vocals and that is the intro to the song. Just used the plugin in Live 4 though.
Hammer Bro
I wish my gear would earn its keep! Instead it just sits there all day while I'm away at work, and watches Jerry Springer.
Killer Beez
yeah, well believe me being only somewhat employed is not great either when its the end of the month and the bills set in.

but that was work - really nothing beats those commissioned pieces!
Go to top Post Reply