As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear MD + Nord Rack 2 + MIDI keyboard in live rig (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: MD + Nord Rack 2 + MIDI keyboard in live rig
Cappy
Re: MD + Nord Rack 2 + MIDI keyboard in live rig 18 Years, 6 Months ago
I see, Machinedrum it is then!

Guess I should mention - the music I will do first is some minimalistic experimental stuff (as interactive as possible) for a modern dance performance ment for small locations like a street corner or similar.

The plan was to use the MD only I'll propably start that way, or just add the Nord for extra noises/percussions and then worry about sequencer when I feel the need for it.

So, even if I use the Nord for drums, or any other drum module with sounds mapped out on different notes, I still need to use the parameter lock to select sound for each step, right?

Also thought about using one of the Nord outputs back into the MD for rythmic amp/filter mod. on pads played from the keyboard.. should be good.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo

kotten wrote:
I see, Machinedrum it is then!

Guess I should mention - the music I will do first is some minimalistic experimental stuff (as interactive as possible) for a modern dance performance ment for small locations like a street corner or similar.

*ack cough*

Were you thinking of using a Machinedrum on a street corner?! Umm, whereabouts do you live, Beverly Hills or something? :-o

If you're on any streetcorner that I'm thinking of, you'd better think about a 2-track mixdown onto tape or CD and use one of these:

:-D
Sequencing on the MachineDrum is pretty f''in fun IMHO. I have an MPC1k, but i often prefer the step-sequencer vibe. Workflow is not too tedious, just hold your step button and turn the knob to select midi note; repeat. I use it to sequence my ex5 and evolver.

You might want to just wait and see how much you like the MD sequencing before buying anything else.
Killer Beez
yeah, tell me what street corner that MD is going to be sitting on, and I'll make sure to swing by. :-D
Cappy
Friend: Your'e propably right!

Milkmansnd: Is that a promise? It will propably be in Link?ping, Sweden to start with but you're very welcome over!

Speaking of.. ironically the reason I keep asking questions instead of just walk over to a music store and try it out is that they never seem to have one in when I'm there or call. And this is supposed to be the country they are made in! I guess they sell out too quick or something, I'm in Stockholm now btw. and they keep telling me that more will arrive soon.

Anyway, as I said, I'll order one in short anyway... just need to get payed for some work... then I'm one of you guys. Mouauhahaha...
Hammer Bro
Wow, I already knew that I wanted to visit Sweden some day, but now that you tell me that there's a guy jamming on a MachineDrum on every other street corner, I want to go even more!!!
Go to top Post Reply