As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Machinedrum UW&Monomachine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum UW&Monomachine
Goomba
Machinedrum UW&Monomachine 18 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi there,

I have been idling here for a while but I reckon now it is time for me to post two of my songs - almost exclusively made on Machinedrum UW and Monomachine.

Hope you'll enjoy them.

Amaurot - Power
Amaurot - Maldoror
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
Re: Machinedrum UW&Monomachine 18 Years, 7 Months ago
sounds good! the first one is very tough and it kicked my ass. the second one I also liked, especially the sparse bits with that nice organic percussion you have going on....good work.
Chain Chomp
great production value, very punchy, jsut curious what did you use to process and master the final mix?
Killer Beez
good. int:
Cappy
I like!
Goomba
Thanks for listening! I'm glad you seemed to like it.

watson:

During mastering, just some waves plugs. Nothing special actually - an L2 limiter and a Q10 parametric EQ.

But inside Ableton Live (where I arranged the songs) I made heavy use of compressors and overdubbing to bring out the punch in the kickdrums. Also spent a great deal of trying to spread the stereo image. That's basically it.
Cappy
sweet dude.. nice going..
makes me want to buy my MDUW a companion..
Cappy
what are you using for vocoding?

-M
Goomba
In "Power" it's the VO-6 in action, hence no vocoding is involved, but maybe you refer to the song "Empires" found on my web site. In that case i used Orange Vocoder with a carrier wave courtesy of the Monomachine. I've found that with some careful tweaking you can excellent carrier signals from the MM.

I'm actually working on a song right now where I have, at least in my opinion, been able to get an almost perfect vocoder sound. Sort of like the vocoder sound on Anthony Rother's "Biomechanik" - the ultimate vocoder track. The only thing that's equal to that godly MM vocoder sound is the vocoder sound stemming from the Nord Modular series (which I believe Rother used on mentioned track).
Boo
Would i be correct if the Snaredrums in these songs (at least in the second song are samples?).

I can imagine the first one being a MD machine....but the second one is not a MD machine right?

amaurot wrote:
Hi there,

I have been idling here for a while but I reckon now it is time for me to post two of my songs - almost exclusively made on Machinedrum UW and Monomachine.

Hope you'll enjoy them.

Amaurot - Power
Amaurot - Maldoror
Go to top Post Reply