As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Doepfer DrehBank Template for the MD-UW-mkII (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Doepfer DrehBank Template for the MD-UW-mkII
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Doepfer DrehBank Template for the MD-UW-mkII 15 Years, 4 Months ago
Took me awhile to hack through windows 95 compatibility mode and midi drivers, but finally got the editor up and running and have the following template to offer.
The Drehbank works out really nicely as the knobs don't engage until you pass the MD's original knob value...so you don't get any surprises when using it in practice... very tight!

This template basically assigns all 16 'rows' of the Drehbank to all 16 corresponding parts on the MD.
Row 1= BD, .... Row 16 = M4

Then, page 'A' controls, from top down:

VOL
REVERB SEND
DELAY SEND
Filter FREQ CUTOFF

and page 'B', offers the following for each row as well:

PITCH
DISTORTION
LFO SPEED
LFO AMOUNT

So that's the cat's balls, ain't it?

If you're using the Drehbank already, would love to know what things you've found the most useful, namely, in a live setup.

PS. I have this working and tested 100% on an earlier, 'dark gunmetal grey' version of the Drehbank. I'm not positive, but I think it would work fine on the newer ones as well?
File Attachment:
File Name: Drehbank_MDUWmkII_sys_mid_dbh_files.zip
File Size: 3271
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Re:Doepfer DrehBank Template for the MD-UW-mkII 15 Years, 4 Months ago
Weird, I'm unable to Edit the original post in FF for some reason...
Alas, forgot to mention, the file has a .syx, a .mid, and a .dhb file...
The .dhb file is for use in the Doepfer Drehbank editor itself if you want to use it as a starting point for your own template.... recommended, if only b/c it is a total PITA to manually assign midi channels 1-4 for the four groups of knobs, one by one, in the editor!).

I think, but am not sure...that you might just be able to shoot this SYX file at the Drehbank to load up my template...just do so at a slow pace... it should take about 82 seconds to load the whole thing... any faster than that and you might overflow the Drehbank's midi buffer, at least according to stuff I read in the manual).
Cappy
Re:Doepfer DrehBank Template for the MD-UW-mkII 14 Years, 7 Months ago
I am expecting to receive a Drehbank this week for better live tweaking with my MD. Thanks for sharing!!
Go to top Post Reply