As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear?
Hammer Bro
Re: Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear adn Motu 828mkII? 18 Years, 8 Months ago
SCHWINGG!!!!
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Re: Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear adn Motu 828mkII? 18 Years, 8 Months ago
That is fucking be-a-u-tiful!

cchocjr
Killer Beez
lets hope that those nifty looking faders on the bottom left corner do something - the Q-link sucks the big one on the MPC1k
Goomba
Re: Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear adn Motu 828mkII? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
the mpc 2500 is definitly real. it's sitting next to me right now. it is exactly the sampler/sequencer i've been wanting. it has all of the benefits of the 1000 (i like the 1000 OS and hardware better than the 2000/4000). i can sample, chop, stretch, and tweak the hell out of things. i love it. i've used it with the md almost everyday this week to chop beats from the md. i've also used to to sequence all my synths and it works great. better than using the computer, imo. in the last year since i've moved away from a computer for sequencing and sampling i've been much happier, less distracted, and more productive. i also have a 1000 and was using that for sequencing since last winter and it works great. highly recommend it either one of them but if you can afford it get the 2500.
Killer Beez
Re: Is anybody using an MPC with the Elektron gear adn Motu 828mkII? 18 Years, 6 Months ago
how much larger than the 1000 is it?
Hammer Bro
zaque - do you know anything about expanding the 2500? can you use normal memory and hard drive, or does it have to be some expensive akai-specific version?
Goomba
size wise it's probably about as big as a 2000xl but not as thick. i just set my 1000 on top of the 2500 and there is about an inch around it so it's a fair bit bigger but not unmanageable like a 4000.

i just put cheap laptop memory in it. i took out the stuff i had in my 1000 and stuck it in the 2500 and it worked great. as for the hd (or cd) option i don't know. i really doubt that i'll ever put that in so i have't looked into it. compact flash cards are fine with me. i might put the cd option in there just for sampling from but i can get a decent cd player with digital out for less and use it for more...
Hammer Bro
that's good to know it can use standard memory....and you're right, with the compact flash, not much need for an HD.

does the 2500 have a turntable preamp built in?
Goomba
no preamp
Chain Chomp
I had a hard time sleeping last weekend when I first saw it. I'm torn. I really want an mpc again.
Go to top Post Reply